DS is complaining of the RN hurting him.

MOM25BOYS

Argh, I was hoping to keep him harnessed in the RN until his 5th Bday in July, but lately he has whined and complained that the crotch strap is hurting him.:( :( I am at a loss what to do.:crying: Him and his older brother are about the same size and weight. DS3 is 42lbs and 44 inches tall, but I think he has a longer torso and DS2 is all legs.:rolleyes: He does ok in a HBB when he rides with my SIL, but honestly I am not ready to move another one out of a harnessed seat full time. I don't think DH will go for me buying another HWH seat and I really don't know anything else besides the RN that will fit on the 3rd row where I need it. Am I left with no other choice but to move him to the other B510?? Any suggestions on another HWH seat that will puzzle in the middle of a B510 and No Back Turbo Booster??

ADS

melniemi

Can he switch seats with your 2yo and try the EFTA? I've heard that has gobs of crotch room. It might be harder having your 2 yo in the third row, but I'd much prefer the inconvenience over a 4 yo in a booster. Although, if he was in a booster, you'd probably have to put your 2 yo in the back row anyway to have a shoulder belt, right? I'd try switching them and see how that goes.

Do you still have your TF? That would be another option.

MOM25BOYS

Thanks Mel for the suggestions. :) I searched around for a bit through some threads and I think I have found a simple solution!:D I could just order a longer crotch buckle for SKJP for him.:doh: I don't know why I didn't think of this before starting this thread.:eek: I think that will buy him the time he needs to mature enough to ride full time in a HBB. :thumbsup:

itzmeigh

Could you try to loosen the strps JUST A TOUCH. The straps need to be snug so that you can't pinch the harness together but really that gives you a little bit of room to play with.

I'm not saying make the harness loose. I'm just saying make it like one click looser. It could be that he has grown a little and needs the harness adjusted a bit.

I've had some pretty big kids in the Radian and never had a crotch buckle issue. (Not to say you don't! Just saying that I know it can fit bigger guys well too.)

ETA: We cross posted. Ordering a longer strap would work too! haha!

That is one reason I got rid of my RN(i feel stupid now because you can order a longer crotch strap). My son cried and cried in that seat.
(Note to self for next time I get that seat)

vangelder03

Thanks Mel for the suggestions. :) I searched around for a bit through some threads and I think I have found a simple solution!:D I could just order a longer crotch buckle for SKJP for him.:doh: I don't know why I didn't think of this before starting this thread.:eek: I think that will buy him the time he needs to mature enough to ride full time in a HBB. :thumbsup:

please post again on how the longer strap works out.

MOM25BOYS

Well, got the new longer strap today.:) Its cold and yucky looking outside so I will try DS in the RN with it later and post back. It is longer than the other, but not by much so we'll see. ;)

Pixels

When you've got them both out of the seat, could you measure and tell us how much longer the longer one is? Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC