My solution for tipping boosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

family5oregon

Wanted to share something I found to be VERY helpful. I found adding a tether to my booster it helps keep them from tipping over when DS gets in or out of the seat and for those who forget to rebelt the booster once the child is out of the seat. (I feel it would help with the headrest coming forward in a rearender.)

PW with tether

Evenflo with tether

Tethered in Van

Tethered in Trooper

After market Tether Anchor **approved by Segal's for Children**

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
While this may seem like a good idea, it is actually dangerous. You/we have *NO* idea how this would perform in a crash. It *VOIDS* your manufacturer's liability as it is considered an aftermarket product.

Please take the tethers off immediately and follow the instructions for use in the user manuals that came with each of your boosters.

Maedze

Oh, my. While it must seem like a good idea (and I'll give points for ingenuity), this could potentially be deadly. NONE of these seats is designed to be used this way, and what you have done could put extreme force on the booster in an impact and even affect the way it causes the child to be restrained in a crash.

Those tethers need to be removed immediately. Do not drive again with one on a booster; you are making your child a crash test dummy!

mommy2env

If you are REALLY bothered by the tipping, there are some boosters that are manufactured with lower anchors and/or tethers. The Monterey has LATCH anchors, and so does the Frontier. I know there are a few more, but my kid is screaming. :eek:

Maedze

The Clek Olli is LATCHable as is the forthcoming Oobr.

The Nautilus is LATCHable in booster mode, as is the Graco Cargo.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I second what the others have said. While well-meaning, that just isn't safe.

I also had a question about your tether anchor. You say that it was approved by Segal's for Children. Is that a baby store? Did you see a technician there? Who installed the anchor, and are you sure it was installed per manufacturer instructions? (It very well may be...but I wanted to be sure.)

family5oregon

SOOOOOO SOOOO SORRY. WILL REMOVE!!!

Point well taken. please have this thread locked. I am sooooo ....... embarrassed.

:crying: :duck: :sorry!: :dizzy: :doh:

Maedze

No, do not be embarassed! I can assure you I have seen much, much, much worse :whistle:

You are asking questions and learning and that is NEVER a stupid thing or a thing to be ashamed of.

You learned something new tonight, you'll fix it in the morning, and all will be well. When we know better we do better, and that's all anyone can ask, right? :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC