SafeGuard Go Deal (Sale, Coupon Code, Free Ship!)

ADS

NannyMom

I saw this yesterday on the blog. It's such a great deal!! I don't need another seat. I don't have money for another seat. Yet I feel the need to buy it :eek:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I am not at the point of needing one, but I love the compactness of this seat for travel - see link below.

http://www.safeguardseat.com/go/index.htm

Yup-

The GO is ideal for travel and carrying. It works fine for a daily seat, but it isn't quite as easy to adjust the straps as one of the better 5-point harness seats with a shell. For example, I'd prefer to use my Britax Frontier for daily use, but it's currently in my mom's car because it's a bit easier for her to use. Even so, I have no issues using the GO daily. The only minor annoyance is that the head rest can shift downward over time. So, every week or so, I have to take a whole 5 seconds and move it back up to the right level.

Also, when I have a carpool and 6 kids in back, the GO has proven to be real handy because it lets me fold the back of the captain's chair forward to let kids access the third row when I have my 8th seat.

At $199 plus shipping, I think there are better choices for a carseat used daily in the same vehicle. At $135 and free shipping, it's not only a great travel option, but might also be a nice seat to install in a second vehicle or even to use daily if you don't want to buy a separate seat for daily use and for easy travel.

MomToEliEm

I know the top torso height allowed in this seat varies depending on the seat it is installed on, but from those who have used this seat, what measurements do you get when the harness is at it's highest setting and what vehicle is it installed in? What factors in the car's seat might influence how tall the harness can go? Does it help if you have headrests or not or a more upright seat or reclined seat?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Mine is about 18" right now, using LATCH, in the captain's chair of a 2006 Odyssey.

It was closer to 17" using a seatbelt in either our van or our Subaru wagon.

It can depend on the location of the seatbelts (or LATCH anchors), how tight you install it, how tight the top tether is and the design of the vehicle seat. Reclining the vehicle seat back might affect it a little bit, especially in how you measure. I'd say 17-18" would cover the vast majority of installs.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I just sold stuff on eBay, so I had Paypal funds just sitting there & they accept Paypal! I couldn't pass this up, especially considering my out-of-state move later this year, the many people who might transport my kids and the many kids who will be in and out of my van.

Great deal!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC