Anyone have an SS1 in the "Roxy" pattern?

zactayaus

I'm guessing this is an older pattern because I've only seen it online at one store. Does anyone have this seat? I'm wondering how the fabric is and whether or not the seat has a lot of cushion in it.

albee-baby_2033_304212221.gif

I went to see the SR32 in the "Bombay" pattern today. I was very dissappointed in it. The fabric was very scratchy and just didn't seem comfy.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Our SS1 with an Oct. 2005 had the Roxy cover. It was one of the earliest covers available on the SS1 and the cover has been discontinued for approx. a couple of years now. It didn't have Gracopedic foam and the fabric is best described as shiny/semi-metallicky, rather than smooth and plush. FWIW, DD2 had no issues with it and rode in it from about 6 months old until almost her first birthday (she outgrew it by height, long torso strikes again, lol).

zactayaus

Our SS1 with an Oct. 2005 had the Roxy cover. It was one of the earliest covers available on the SS1 and the cover has been discontinued for approx. a couple of years now. It didn't have Gracopedic foam and the fabric is best described as shiny/semi-metallicky, rather than smooth and plush. FWIW, DD2 had no issues with it and rode in it from about 6 months old until almost her first birthday (she outgrew it by height, long torso strikes again, lol).

Thanks. I guess it's not worth $99 than since it's already lost a couple of years or more.

I guess my search continues. Good thing this baby isn't due until April. I'm having the hardest time deciding on a infant seat.

crunchierthanthou

Our SS1 with an Oct. 2005 had the Roxy cover. It was one of the earliest covers available on the SS1 and the cover has been discontinued for approx. a couple of years now.

My friend ordered it in June from Albee and it had an April 08 DOM. :shrug-shoulders: of course, we're into 2009 now and who knows if they still have that recent DOM available...

It is a nylon cover, but I wouldn't call it scratchy.

zactayaus

My friend ordered it in June from Albee and it had an April 08 DOM. :shrug-shoulders: of course, we're into 2009 now and who knows if they still have that recent DOM available...

It is a nylon cover, but I wouldn't call it scratchy.

That's where I saw it at. Now I really don't know what to do. Should I or shouldn't I?

zactayaus

OK. I called albeebaby and they said the DOM on these seats is the end of 2007. Is $99 a good deal or too much?

monstah

OK. I called albeebaby and they said the DOM on these seats is the end of 2007. Is $99 a good deal or too much?

I think it's a good deal. I just wish I could get myself to like the SS1 more than the KF30, I would have already bought it from Albeebaby.

zactayaus

I think it's a good deal. I just wish I could get myself to like the SS1 more than the KF30, I would have already bought it from Albeebaby.

I did see the KF30 today at babie r us and I really, really liked it, but it was pretty expensive. I'm trying to be good about saving money even though I usually just get whatever I like regardless of the price. I'm so undecided.

mominabigtruck

I was just on albeebaby the other day and they had another ss1 in the $100 range, I'm thinking it was meteor?? Like the roxy kinda but with blue instead of red.

FWIW, Peyton had the ss1 in roxy and he never seemed to have a problem with it although we only used in in the winter so he never had skin contact with it. I did think it was a little harder to clean then a regular material cover.

zactayaus

I was just on albeebaby the other day and they had another ss1 in the $100 range, I'm thinking it was meteor?? Like the roxy kinda but with blue instead of red.

Yah. It's on sale for $94.99. I like the red better though cause it will match the mia moda compagno stroller I just ordered in red/blk.:p

Last edited:

NannyMom

The Roxy originally cost us $129.99. If you loose 1 year of use, the adjusted price would be $108. And keep in mind that Graco allows you to use the seat until Dec of the 6th year. So a March 2007 and Nov 2007 can both be used until Dec 2013. :twocents: :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I had 'Pierson', Just like Roxy... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#4982070164233060370 kinda shiny, but was never a problem for us (all my infant seats were kind of crisp and scratchy, I don't know why they don't make them softer :confused:)... anyway, it was never a problem...I paid 99 for mine and it was over a year old when I got it, but I sold it for $60 so I didn't mind the loss of use time (got my Key Fit for 107 and sold IT for 60, too :thumbsup:).

zactayaus

I went ahead and ordered the SS1 in Roxy from albeebaby and it came today. When I had called about the DOM I had been told that they were all the end of 2007. Well the seat actually has a DOM of 10/15/08! The seat is not even 3 months old.:love: I guess $99 was a great deal.:D

Other than that I have mixed feelings. It is a heavy seat and very wide compared to the SR. I know it has to be for it to last so much longer but I'm wondering how long I'm going to be able to carry the baby in it (I'm not a very big or strong person). I do love how much deeper the head wings are compared to the SR and I really love the lock off on the base.

I tried it out in my suburban 2nd row to make sure it fit ok with the TB and the GN. I had no problems at all installing the base but it was just a little difficult to snap the seat into the base because the widest part of the SS1 was right up against the GN's cup holder. I'm sure I'll get better at it with practice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC