RF again...No biggie!

gwenvet

had a funny incident today. At my husbands suggeestion I put my 3 1/2 year old (not potty trained) son in a swim diaper before driving 3 minutes to the pool. Well, of course, he peed while in the car and it soaked his marathon. So on the way home I told him that I would readjust the shoulder straps on his younger brothers RF roundabout and he could ride in that. His ears are still 2" below the top and he is 32.5lbs...just squeaked by. At first he complained about his legs not having any space but I showed him how to sit "criss cross applesauce" (Indian style to us of a non PC generation) and he was completely happy!! No complaints that he couldn't see where he was going or anything. makes me think that I will leave my 10 mo old (who was at home BTW) RF a lot longer than originally planned.

With my first I was concerned that it wasn't safe for his legs once they started to bend at the knees and I totally missed the BIGGER safety picture. Now that I have seen the RF and FF crash test videos I am amazed and really wish that this was more in the mainstream literature. Extended RF really has an image associated with overly concerned, crazy moms, when really the pictures say it all and would convert more people if they were more available. I think this needs nto be the focus of a TV commercial campaign!

Is it worth turning him back around for another half pound?
Thanks for teaching me!! No off to wash the Marathon cover...

ADS

skaterbabs

I would be concerned for only half a pound, but what about picking up a Scenera? DD outgrew her MA RF in January, but was good until April RF in the Touriva (same seat as the Scenera, basically.)

cantech

If you've got the equipment to do so...rear face! Even if it's only for another 1/2 pound go for it. As long as he's within the criteria for the seat!

Belinda

Tara

I turned mine around for what ended up being only a couple of months. So I say, sure, flip him :) I also ditto the Scenera as an option, if possible. Then you'd always have that as a back up seat as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC