Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Britax rear facing tether - how tight

In using the rear facing tether for the RA, I have it tethered to the seat track for one of the front seats and it is not centered with the carseat, but it is the seat track nearest the center. I think I read in an earlier post that this is ok, but if not please let me know. My question is about how tight I should make the tether. Should I just pull on it until there is some tension and I get the recline I want or pull on it with all my might. I can get more recline in the seat if I really crank on it, but not sure if I am supposed to. The manual really doesn't help with this. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Good question-

With your rear-facing tether, you can pull on it to get the recline you need. It is OK to use an anchor point that is a bit off-center. If your carseat gets pulled off center or tilts significantly, then you may have to reduce the tension. Sometimes, you can reduce any tilt by playing with each side of the "V" tether.

Unregistered
    Thank you, again Darren.
    I finally installed it using the locking clip rather than my auto-locking (switchable) seat belt and got a much better install with very little gap. I think the seat belt was pulling up too much on the carseat and was creating most of the gap on one side.
    Thanks again..I'll be recommending this site to all my friends.

Great!

I'm glad you got it installed! Sometimes the switchable locking seat belts do cause a tilt; using the built-in locking clips is a perfect solution.