What is your favorite infant seat and why?

MustangMama

So JerseyGirl'sMama posted a thread asking what your favorite convertible seat is and why. She got some great responses! :thumbsup:

I'm curious for my future sake (last time I dealt with an infant seat was 2003)....

What is your favorite infant carrier and why?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Chicco Key Fit :love: It practically installs itself, the base is so nice, and the harness is the same quality as the Roundabout, and the chest clip is a good fit for tiny babies, and you can leave the handle up when driving, and the padding is great (must take out the bum pad at 11 pounds, though). Safeseat 1 or Snugride 32 (same seat, that's the old and new names...oh and Teutonia T-Tario 32 is another name, lol), are second faves...super simple to install, super hard to misuse, and fit MY kid till 19 months (8 months longer than the Key Fit, and a real bonus since she didn't walk till 15 months, it was easy to heft her out to the car in the driveway all that second winter :thumbsup:)

melniemi

I also loved the Keyfit and will be getting another one this time. (Why did I sell everything again? Oh, yeah, I thought we were done:p) Loved everything about it. I've played with a snugride, compass infant seat, safeseat 1. They didn't live up to the Keyfit. Loved that seat.

canadiangie

I've never met a Keyfit IRL, but I've read about them for years now, and from what I've gathered it's a no-fail option. :thumbsup:

After that, the SS1's practicality and ease of use makes it high on my list of faves.

The Peg seats are nice looking, and they've been much improved over the yrs, so they make my list of faves... but just barely... because they're $325 here with tax.

(funny enough, if you start a thread of "least fave infant seats" I'd bet you'd have 200 posts, LOL.. j/k :p).

Pixels

BabyTrend FlexLoc or LatchLoc. Both are super easy to install with latch, or with seatbelt. Installs well without the base (though not as easy as with the base). I have yet to find a vehicle that I can not install it in. Fits tiny babies well. No rethread harness - just turn a knob on the back of the seat to raise or lower the harness. The handle does have to be down in the car. Handle has a funky triangle shape that is comfortable to hold and lets you change the angle of your grip. It has a 22 pound limit but that's just fine with me, I just moved DD to a convertible at 15 pounds because she is too heavy to carry in the seat. The rigid LatchLoc is SUPER firm once installed with latch. The FlexLoc has independent latch straps on each side.

The FlexLoc base has a part on the bottom of it that I loop the strap on my rolling carry-on through, and then snap the carseat in the base and roll it through the airport that way. The base does not work on the plane so I put it under the seat in front. The seat installed well on the plane without the base.

finn

I really liked my BabyTrend Latch lock, it felt like a solid seat, it fitted my tall skinny son well & it fitted in my car really well :) Also the covers washed well & didn't seem to sweat that much.

I also have a Britax Companion and that is one big seat, I'm not actually sure it will fit in my car.

I :love: the snugride and safeseat. I :love: the snugride for pretty light weight and easy to install. I also love the safeseat for easy installs and nice weight/height limit.

I want to try out a keyfit, but have never done so.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My VERY favorite is the Keyfit for ease of installation and use.

However, I got a SS1 for this baby because it's a very close second, and we're going to be taking a couple trips when the baby is 8-10 months old, and I wanted to make sure the infant seat would still work. Oh, and who am I kidding...because I loved the pattern. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC