i think DS is outgrowing the scenera already

ginny4

at 2.5yo.
how close is he? like how much longer do i have or don't i have. its his spare but still UGH i wanted him to still fit it. why do i have to have such tall kids?
2009-1002.jpg

2009-1003.jpg

ADS

MoreLatte

I agree, it looks like its time for a new one:)

You do have tall kiddos! My DD was almost 5 when she outgrew the Scenera!

veggiegirl228

I agree that he has outgrown it. Don't feel bad I checked out the Safety 1st Avenue the other day and DD would've outgrown it as well.

monstah

Looks like new seat shopping to me. It's awesome he lasted in it this long, my DS outgrew the Scenera at 24 months, (by weight) no joke.

What's his main seat? Maybe, get a Nautilus as a new main seat and use the other as backup.

ginny4

thanks i think he is cute too. i might be just a lil bias
Really? all done :crying:

not exactly sure how much he weighs but he was 35lbs just a few months ago 2y 4m. he RFed til then & it's only 2 months later. WOW. dude you gotta slow down in growth. i tried to get some measurement son him but he won't stay still long enough on a scale or against a wall to get any measurements.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
another vote for outgrown...although if you absolutely need it to work for a very short time, could it be installed a tad bit more upright? It looks sort of reclined to me? not like the recline foot is up, just like maybe if you pushed down and back more when installing, you could get it closer to 90 degrees, and therefore maybe gain a tad bit of height?

ginny4

Looks like new seat shopping to me. It's awesome he lasted in it this long, my DS outgrew the Scenera at 24 months, (by weight) no joke.

What's his main seat? Maybe, get a Nautilus as a new main seat and use the other as backup.

he's got a FPSVD for his main seat. i really don't NEED a spare seat for him so i'm not gonna buy i don't think. i do have an APEX that my DD 4.5yo i think still fits (but maybe not - i'll have to check again) but the problem is that the headrest issue is an issue for us in our vehicles. basically their main seats are becoming their ONLY seats but i can work with it. they really only ride in our van & as necessary we'll switch seats around i guess. :shrug-shoulders:

ginny4

another vote for outgrown...although if you absolutely need it to work for a very short time, could it be installed a tad bit more upright? It looks sort of reclined to me? not like the recline foot is up, just like maybe if you pushed down and back more when installing, you could get it closer to 90 degrees, and therefore maybe gain a tad bit of height?

well i was able to move it a finger tip further back. anymore & the RF foot isn't touching the seat. maybe that is enough. we'll see. i want/kinda/need it for a trip to inspection station in our extra car this week. i might need to just put the FPSVD in instead. it's not THAT hard to move

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm lost - he looks even with the top slots to me? That means it's almost outgrown, not outgrown, but everyone keeps posting that it looks outgrown?

Did I miss something? He could get a couple more months out of it, at least.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The Apex requires vehicle head support for the child.

As long as the tips of the child's ears are not above the *vehicle* seatback/head restraint, the Apex can safely be used... if you needed a spare still.

I think the straps look right at his shoulders to slightly above. In one of the pictures, it looks like their curving upwards. Combine that with 35lbs a few months ago and you saying he's going through growth spurts, I'd call it too close for comfort until you can get an accurate weight on him.

He is like my son on the scenera. He is too close to call. Some days it looks like he is over the slots other days he looks like he is just under. He turns 4 the end of January.

He is just too cute though.

ginny4

He is like my son on the scenera. He is too close to call. Some days it looks like he is over the slots other days he looks like he is just under. He turns 4 the end of January.

He is just too cute though.

you know i was thinking of you when i first checked Ds's fit in the scenera remembering you had pics of logan? so i searched & found your thread & was trying to compare the 2.....LOL. they do look quite similar. those ever moving slots. i get that ALL the time. it can make :dizzy:

CaseyRN

*not a tech* but to me in the 1st pic it looks outgrown but in the second it looks like he has a tiny bit of time left. Not sure which way I would go....I would probably call it outgrown if it were my LO

Maedze

I'm lost - he looks even with the top slots to me? That means it's almost outgrown, not outgrown, but everyone keeps posting that it looks outgrown?

Did I miss something? He could get a couple more months out of it, at least.

I think the strap is definitely having to go 'up and over' at least towards his neck which spells 'outgrown' to me. If you stuck a knife/ruler in that slot I'm pretty sure it would angle up :twocents:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I agree that imo it's too close to call just by looking at a photo! You are there and can tell for sure if he is even or over. He looks even with, not over to me but really, it's just impossible to tell from just a pic.

Regardless, even if he is not over the top slots, he is not going to fit much longer!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC