seat suggestions appreciated!

jodibug

Saturday evening we bought a new car and a True Fit for it.

The car is a 2009 Ford Fusion.

I'm not crazy about the True Fit. I had to use a noodle to install it (not a big deal), but it doesn't leave much room in the back seat. My teens are crazy squished on either side of it.

Also not crazy about the lock-off's. Even if I stay with a True Fit, I am thinking I would be better off to return this one and wait for one with the anti-rebound bar.

We have a Blvd in our van. She will now primarily be riding in the Fusion, but occasionally in the van. I am contemplating returning the True Fit. I could put the Blvd in the Focus for now.

WWYD?

Last edited:
ADS

canmom

If you just don't like it then I would return it. If you don't really need 2 seats then stick with the BLVD till you find something you like better than the TF.

firemomof3

The true fit will give your daughter the most leg room rf of any car seat. But if your worried about space (the true fit is a big seat) then how about the radian? Or, you could use a scenera/avenue which will take up less space then just buy a nautilus (or whatever might be the latest & greatest ;)).

MustangMama

You said it was a Fusion then a Focus.....I'm lost :confused:

Oh yeah, my suggestion LOL. I do not keep car seats that I am not in love with. I LOVE all of my seats that I own now. I would take it back and get something you are totally comfortable with. What about a Radian so the teenagers have some space?

Last edited:

jodibug

You said it was a Fusion the a Focus.....I'm lost :confused:

ETA: Oh yeah, my suggestion LOL. I do not keep car seats that I am not in love with. I LOVE all of my seats that I own now. I would take it back and get something you are totally comfortable with. What about a Radian so the teenagers have some space?

Did I? Well my niece just bought a Focus a couple of months ago, and I just bought a Fusion this weekend. I must've been confused. It's definitely a Fusion.... a little bigger than the Focus.

Is the Radian a lot slimmer than the True Fit? Originally I wanted the pink Radian, but my husband thinks it is ugly. I could maybe live with the SuperCool one since the car's interior is black (exterior is Vapor Silver)

cpsaddict

The Radian is much slimmer than nearly any convertible. I think the SKJP's website states it's 5" slimmer than other convertibles. I found it much thinner than others. The True Fit is massively bulky, IMO.

jodibug

Awesome. I think that is what I will do then. Looks like the Radian is about $220 on Amazon.

Now, what is the best place to buy from online? I want to get a newer DOM.... how can I make sure that I do?

I ordered the BLVD from Baby Universe and got a seat that was nine months old. I really prefer to keep it under 3-4 months.

jodibug

She definitely sweats a lot.... so is the SuperCool really better for that?

n/m..... I see that the SC is grey, so we will probably go with the Manhattan.

cpsaddict

I have had good luck with Albeebaby.com and they have some good deals on Radians now. Babycenter also has some good deals right now since they are shutting down soon.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Radian has an eight year life versus the seven of the True Fit, so I wouldn't stress too much if it's six months or even a year old. You'll still get a LOT of time out of it.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC