My kids are growing

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I hadn't updated my signature pic since the end of June, so I figured it was time. And seeing as the siggy ones are always tiny, I thought I'd share the normal sized ones too. ;)

These were taken new years day, before we left for the drive thru light show. My dd is wearing a fleece sweater, and ds is wearing a jacket that's basically nylon outer and a light fleece inner. It was -28 here celcius which I think equates to somewhere around -22 fahrenheit, and yes, they really were warm like this, though you can see dd's fleece blanket in the background of her pic and that does go over top of her. :thumbsup:

DSC02640.jpg

DSC02644.jpg

ADS

Dillipop

Cute new pics!

Looks like you were able to fix that zipper. That jacket was my favorite for ds1 when he was little, esp in the car. I was sad when the zipper went out on it. I'm glad you were able to fix it and give the jacket some new life!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Is that in the Caravan, Trudy? I ask because I'm wondering how I've done with mine. I see you've routed the tether over the headrest - I've got mine under. My manual says nothing either way, but the back of the seat does kinda crumple when I do. Does your manual have direction on the matter? Do you think I should change mine (although I doubt the Nautilus' tether would reach if I threaded it over. :rolleyes:)

It is amazing how quickly they grow, eh? They look great!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Is that in the Caravan, Trudy? I ask because I'm wondering how I've done with mine. I see you've routed the tether over the headrest - I've got mine under. My manual says nothing either way, but the back of the seat does kinda crumple when I do. Does your manual have direction on the matter? Do you think I should change mine (although I doubt the Nautilus' tether would reach if I threaded it over. :rolleyes:)

It is amazing how quickly they grow, eh? They look great!

Trudy has a Saturn Outlook.

Maggie

Cute kids!!

I was wondering about the tether too. My van (an '02 Pontiac Montana) says to route the tether under the headrest. I've always wondered why it made a difference. Not that my tethers would reach.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks guys. :love:

Jen is right that I have a Saturn Outlook and my manual specifically says over the headrest for single tether and for "V" tethers to put one piece on each side of the headrest. I can never remember the individual vehicle rules anymore on tethers. I know the mazda 5 3rd row has to have the headrest left on and be tethered over top the headrest because it was an interesting reason, and beyond that I just reference the manual. Too many variations to keep track of. :thumbsup:

Dillipop - Yes, I did get the zipper fixed. :D Cost me about $10 to buy the stuff to do it, and I figure the coat will fit him all the way through until next fall as he has tons of room in it. And as a positive aside, it inspired me to make their halloween costumes. :p The coat is a wonderful weight and ever so cute.

eta: I have fixed headrests that can't be removed, so I'm guessing that's why it says route over top.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC