What is your fav convertible seat and why?

ADS

Lara

multi tech or two way. Right now, i'll say TW since I haven't gotten the chance to play with the MT. :)

cpsaddict

Of what we can get here, the Marathon. I love how easy it is to use and install. I can install it in less than 5 minutes. The cute covers are nice, too. I realize other seats, such as the True Fit, might last longer, but I know I will want new seats sooner rather than later anyway! LOL! It's aesthetically pleasing to me. Weird, I know, but it is! I will always be a Britax snob, even though there are other seats I like, too. We will probably end up with a Radian for the sitters car, just for the slimness.

MustangMama

I really loved our Evenflo Triumph when our DD was young.

It was my favorite seat ever! It just seemed so comfy for her and it fit in every car we had.

It didn't even have the snazzy harness it has now or the 50lb weight limit but I still loved it! <3

Today, I would have to say my favorite seat is the TrueFit. It just mimics the ET with the comfiness and the space for RFing toddlers. It just looks so roomy and soft. Wish I had a baby to put in one....:whistle:

ETA: I wish I had a MultiTech too. I am so jealous of those 5 yr olds that can RF!

mommyto4

Of the seats I had, I would have to say the Roundabout. It was the only seat I owned that could be tethered rear facing. The Roundabout sold me on rear facing tethering. So, when my granddaughter was ready for a convertible, my mother and I went in half and got her a Decathlon.

Last edited:

fyrfightermomma

The RA. *sigh* if only it was bigger. That harness adjuster was dreamy :)

Other than that, the Signo. My all time favorite FFing seat and ok RFing seat

Last edited:

MoreLatte

Marathon hands down! I've owned tons of seats and it is by far my favorite!

It has the easiest install in any vehicle I've had to use it in.
We've never had head slump issues in a Marathon.
It was great for my little rearfacers, fit them well.
Love all the cover options, its like getting a new seat.

I also have a TF and while I was in love with it at first, I really am not now. Because it is so wide, My 5yo DD has major head slump in it. And I'm not wild about the lock-offs.

I'm replacing my TF with a GN soon and want to pass a seat down to my niece, but I really hesitate to give her the TF cause I'm afraid she won't be able to get it installed correctly each time. I can't part with either of my MAs so I'm considering helping to fund one for her.

The Marathon, IMO is pretty much a fool-proof install. I always recommend the MA when anyone asks.

Pixels

Of the seats that I have played with, the Radian. But I haven't gotten to play with too many different seats, and never a Britax. I think they're overpriced, though, so I will most likely never own one.

Radian is wonderful for the slimness, folding for travel, and how long it will last. Even though I only have one DD now, slimness is still an issue for us because sometimes we have 4 adults plus her in a sedan or even compact car, or I just ride back there next to her on road trips so I can take care of her. Plus I like to think about the future, and we are planning on having another sometime in the next 2-4.5 years, so there will be two in seats and more when there are friends. Especially since if DD stays on her current growth curve, the Radian will expire years before she outgrows it. This kid might be harnessed still when she gets her learner's permit.

NannyMom

Out of my millions of convertibles that I own, and those I've played with.... I like the Marathon (or BV if you prefer the SIP). I also like the Scernera because it installs really well with latch, but it has a lowe weight limit (compared to the MA).

firemomof3

Another vote for Marathon! Of all the convertible seats I've had (true fit, signo, uptown, avenue, wizard, comfortsport :whistle:) the marathon was the most user-friendly and SO easy to install!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Our old Britax RA the preLATCH verison. It installed like a dream in any car in any direction. It was a sad day when my girls outgrew them for good and they expired.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Of ones I've owned? Roundabout. Then Marathon. The Radian isn't too bad, but it ain't no Roundabout or Marathon :D.

arly1983

Rondabout then Radian.....but the EFTA has a place in my heart.

Forgot to add why:)

Roundabout: It is just so easy to install, adjust, move and just looks so yummy to me. My first convertable car seat.

Radian: low profile, low excursion numbers and safestop, narrow, and both my kids love theirs..

Evenflo Triumph Advance: great budget seat, easy to use, easy to install, easy adjust between different kids, my mom loves hers and I love that she has it.

Last edited:

emandbri

I'd say a marathon (I have 3! lol) but the true fit with the anti rebound bar does look cool!

I do like my radian I just don't like the racket adjuster, if you don't adjust the straps every time it isn't an issue. I need to move Benjamin to the radian full time and I'm not looking forward to it.

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Emily, you must have Roundabouts on the brain ;)

(and yeah, I'm trying to think of something, anything, for Leah when she goes FF in the Radian, too...i like it ok, but not FF in my cars, kwim? sigh..I have the old RN with the shallow belt path in the back and the ratchet adjuster is stuck constantly...).

emandbri

Emily, you must have Roundabouts on the brain ;)

(and yeah, I'm trying to think of something, anything, for Leah when she goes FF in the Radian, too...i like it ok, but not FF in my cars, kwim? sigh..I have the old RN with the shallow belt path in the back and the ratchet adjuster is stuck constantly...).

I must! fixed it! ;)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I used to say the Marathon, but the Radian's finally won me over. (In spite of the fact that it's completely incompatible with half the rear seats in my car!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC