Having new thoughts

dragonfly8

About which seat to buy. I really like everything I've seen, heard and read about both the GN and the FN but, they are pricey. And really, I don't need either of these seats right away.

I think I may look at the TF again, if it goes on sale for $150 at Zellars, that is almost half the cost of the other two seats mentioned.

If I go with the TF, then I can keep C in his radian until he hits the 48lb mark, and put him into the True fit harnassed until 65lbs. K can go into the TF rfing till 35lbs, then when C needs it, K can go into the radian. Once C outgrows the TF harnassed, he will be big enough for a booster, which will free up the TF for K.

Maybe this would be the simpier, more economical way to go.....................

Did that all make sense?

Do we know the specs on the TF? Base width? Harnass heights?

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The Radian does have higher harness slots than the TF (by about an inch)... so not by much.

I think your plan is a good one. How much does C weigh now? Many kids will only be around 48lbs when they outgrow the Radian by height... some even less than that.

dragonfly8

C is approx 34 lbs, I am not 100% sure. His weight has definatly slowed down this past year.

I think that is what I am going to do
Go with the TF, providing it will fit in my vehicle next to the radian. If it won't, I will have to put both car seats in the outboard positions and my 8 year old will have to squish in the middle of them..............

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
C is approx 34 lbs, I am not 100% sure. His weight has definatly slowed down this past year.

I think that is what I am going to do
Go with the TF, providing it will fit in my vehicle next to the radian. If it won't, I will have to put both car seats in the outboard positions and my 8 year old will have to squish in the middle of them..............

I don't think the TF is that much wider than the Frontier and I've done a number of three across in mid-size SUV's (I posted them on your other thread).

I'd try TF, Radian, 8 yr old... probably easier to sit next to a Radian than an TF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC