Talk to me... what is the BEST double stroller?!?!

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I'm talking THE best of the best. I dont mean the best name brand or best looking... I mean, what is functional and worth the money. Hubby says I have champagne taste on a beer budget (and he's right), so this purchase could very well be my last before he shoots me. LOL

We have ALOT of strollers... let's see... A Peg Perego P3, a combi twinsport side by side, an eddie bauer tandem twin, a graco duoglide (actually two of those), a chicco umbrella (not sure what its called?), about 3 regular graco's that come as a travel system, and a few random ones that dont come to mind right now....

That said... we're going to disney... I want to take the p3 for DD/5yrs and was planning on taking the combi side by side for the little ones (DS/2yrs/25lbs and DD/3yrs/27lbs) but the bar that goes across the front is always a problem with them getting in and out and I dont mind that at the mall where they SHOULD be sitting. But at disney where they will be in and out the whole day, yeah.... its not gonna happen.

SO... an excuse to get a new double!! (((Me: starting the wave, wooohoooooo!!))) So, I'd like a side by side so everyone is front and center for all the sights (or front and side-by-side rather), and I'm looking to spend, oh maybe ?$300? That can be debated later...

What I need:
A side by side double
Two separate canopies
The ability to manuevre (I know that is spelled wrong because it looks like manure... but you know what I mean...) through doors/aisles or whatever without getting stuck
Needs to turn pretty easily (no front wheels that dont rotate, urgh!)
A big basket underneath
A cupholder would be a plus

What I dont want:
One that is way too tall. I'm only 5'2 and I need to A.) not look ridiculously small pushing it and B.) be able to reach the children from behind the stroller when they are trying to strangle one another.
A bar going across their laps keeping them from getting in and out easily

Thats about it... Any thoughts??

If anyone here has an engineer for a husband who would like to specifically design one to my specifications above, I would gladly pay extra ;)

ADS

lovinwaves

Well, you will never find a stroller to fit *all* your needs and wants, unfortunately. I have had a few come close though :love:

Do you need air tires?

My first thought was the Baby Jogger City Series Mini Double, but it has a tall non-adjustable handle.

Then I thought about the Mountain Buggy Double, but it has a craptastic canopy (worthless), and a small basket. HOWEVER, it is on the shorter side, and you could probably lean over to your kids. And it might be hard to find one used.

orangemnms

We just got back from a week in Disney (kids ages in siggy) and we took the BOB Revolution Duallie. That thing met every need and was a DREAM to push all over Disney. It meets all of your specs, the cupholders come in the form of little pouches on the kids seats (one on each side of their hips.) You can get the Parent console thingee :p for your and DH's drinks.

It fit through every doorway I took it through, and the kids easily hopped in and out of it all day long. It does have a five point harness though (with a chest clip) for those long days when the 3 year old really needs a nap and is totally overtired and cranky. :whistle:

If someone could show me how to do that swirl thing on my kids' faces I'd love to post pics.

ETA: DS was able to ride comfortably for the sprints to Main St for parades and such in the footwell of DD1's seat. She just criss crossed and he sat where her feet would have gone.

Last edited:

firemomof3

I have the Baby Jogger City Series Double and its fantastic to push & maneuver! I can take it anywhere from the mall to the doctors office! It also folds up super narrow and its very easy to take the wheels off to fit it in the car.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Okay, Ive looked up this baby jogger mini double and LOVE it... it seems to be a popular pick, and now I see why. Question is, will the handle be too high for me? Do any stores actually stock this stroller? I know BRU doesnt, so I dont know how I can see it in person. Also, what do you mean by taking the wheels off? Do you have to do that everytime you fold it up? How big is it with and without taking wheels off? About how much room would you say it takes up folded? My one concern is riding the trams and such in Disney....

lovinwaves

This stroller has been discussed alot lately on this forum. If you do a quick search you will find some threads that may help you. Member, MSK, has posted pictures of the box it is received in (aka: shows it with the wheels removed), and I have posted many pictures of my kiddoes in it.

Question is, will the handle be too high for me?

Could be, but I have yet to hear a complaint about it. If anyone else that is going to be pushing it is taller than you, then they will really enjoy it. As with anything though, it will take some getting used too. :eek:

Also, what do you mean by taking the wheels off? Do you have to do that everytime you fold it up?

All of the wheels have a quick release. Which means you simply push a button and the wheel will pop off. To put the wheel back on you simply just push it back on until you hear a 'click'. I have not encountered a situation yet where I have needed to remove any wheels, but the option is there if needed. The stroller is so small already.

About how much room would you say it takes up folded?

Not alot ;) The box it comes in is amazingly small. I will try and find some threads to link you too where, MSK, has posted some pictures.

My one concern is riding the trams and such in Disney....

This should help :) http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=56220

MoreLatte

I had the single BJCM, I'm 5'2" and I didn't think the handle was too high for me.

I had no problem with the height, I just didn't like the shape of the handle on the mini single, it wasn't wide enough, I felt like I couldn't spread my hands out enough, but I'm weird that way! lol. On the double, I think it would be fine.

arly1983

I am 5'1 and have no complaints about the height of the handle. It is one of the few strollers DH (6'4) and I both don't mind pushing.

I just went on a trip to Dollywood. I was really worried about if the BJMD fold would be small enough but we had no problems.

Rosey

I love the Twin Techno and BJCMD. I think I love the BJ more for the fantastic sunshades. They both push easily and I am just over 5'3'' and have no issues with handle height on either one.

Here are more pics from another thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=52999&highlight=BJCMD

ETA: The BJCMD is by far DH's favorite stroller. And right start in my area had the single last time i went. They may have the double by now. You can also check windows cashback live to see if they have any rebates on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC