Received my true fit today and I'm angry!

I am more of a lurker but wanted to chime in here and express my displeasure with Learning Curve. First, to get to my latch connectors, i had to unravel them from the harness straps and undo more than the front four snaps to get to them. The latch connectors were so wrapped around the harness and the elastic bands that hold the cover on, I thought I was going to lose my mind trying to dig them out. My main gripe is this. The seat was made in JAN 2008!!! It's already a year old!! Doesn't the new one say you can use the 1,2,3 harness positions for RFing? Was it just a sticker modification or did something change? What makes me so angry about it, is I ordered direct from LearningCurve.com!! I have one of the first seats made!! GRRRRR WWYD? I thought about complaining but dont know that it will do any good.

ADS

Maedze

Did you pay full price for the seat or get it discounted? If you got a discount, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The seat has a 7 year expiration, so you still have six years of life :thumbsup:

Blondie87

I don't know what to tell you about your latch or harness stuff cuz I didn't get mine new. But they stopped making the True Fit's around March I think, to sell the rest of them so when they make room for the newer ones.

Does yours have the 2 or 3 position crotch strap? I've heard that the OLDER ones have the 3 position.. which is good! Mine is 1/5/08 and it has 3 positions. They have a 7 year life span so you still have 6 years left.. :)

I just checked mine and it has the 2 crotch position. My son is already 2 1/2 and small for his age (25 lbs) so I am sure it will last him a long time but i'm just upset that the company sent me one so old. I paid their asking price minus their friend discount so it still cost me $162.

ETA: My seat was made 1/31/08

Last edited:

Maedze

Well, it can't hurt to call and express your displeasure. I would note that you paid a price expecting 7 years of use. I don't know if they'll help you or not but again, can't hurt to ask :)

Kat_Momof3

I would be ticked as all get out since you bought it directly from them.

we expect seats that old or newer from Brick and Mortar stores.... newer at least from online stores (unless at a good discount), and we would expect a brand new seat coming directly from them.

I would call and be MAD and ANGRY... and basically be a Vindictive witch on a rampage.

(feel free to use my wrath I've now built up just typing all that)

jess71903

Ambassador
I would be mad, too, and definitely express my displeasure. I bought mine in August from albeebaby with a 1/08 DOM and was a little upset about that, but I did get a discount. They still have them listed at full price, though, and that's just not right for a year old seat IMO.

Thanks everyone. Glad to know I wasn't over-reacting. I have emailed them...nicely...and we will see what happens. I might have to turn it up a notch if they just shrug it off. My dh thinks it's crazy that I am stressed over it but my ds is already 2 1/2 (25lbs and RFing :D ). Yes, he probably will outgrow it before it's expired but that's beside the point.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Does yours have the 2 or 3 position crotch strap? I've heard that the OLDER ones have the 3 position.. which is good! Mine is 1/5/08 and it has 3 positions. They have a 7 year life span so you still have 6 years left.. :)

OLDER have 2, newer have 3. All Canadian have 2. :thumbsup:

northernmommy

That stinks about the DOM! I'd be annoyed too, given that it wasn't on sale.

As for the LATCH connectors etc, I've got 4 TF's and never had an issue getting them out...maybe someone at the factory was having an off day?

Kat_Momof3

Thanks everyone. Glad to know I wasn't over-reacting. I have emailed them...nicely...and we will see what happens. I might have to turn it up a notch if they just shrug it off. My dh thinks it's crazy that I am stressed over it but my ds is already 2 1/2 (25lbs and RFing :D ). Yes, he probably will outgrow it before it's expired but that's beside the point.

ask him if he'd feel that way if he were paying each year and still had to pay for the year he didn't use it.

point out to him that, when your son outgrows it, you can put it on here at swap and get the remaining years worth back... but not that year that they cheated you out of!

or... tell him to think of it as ordering the latest computer and getting one that was the 1yr older one.

Lea_Ontario

I would be annoyed too.

But realistic as well.
NO store is going to send out the newer merchandise first - they send out the oldest stock available. It's "First-in First-out", and applies to most everything, but even more so to items that are perishable / have expiry dates on them.

I could compare to a lawnmower or tractor and he'd totally get it. LOL I may do that.

I understand wanting to move the older merchandise first but considering the seat I received was one of the first made, I find that a little odd. I have been around several car seat boards and know that many, many, many True Fits were sold so why would the manufacturer still have one of the first they put out? KWIM? Why didn't it get shipped to Target, BRU, anywhere instead of hanging onto it themselves?

Kat_Momof3

do it! he just isn't seeing the bigger picture... lol.

I totally agree and am waiting to hear what they say when you contact them.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't get that.. cuz most people on here have newer DOM's then I do.. and they all have 2 positions...?

I think that there was a period where the switch over happened and some had 2 and some had 3. The first ones to be posted about on this board definitely had 2 though, and the last time I looked up the manual online it still hadn't been updated to reflect 3 positions. I don't know if anyone ever nailed down the time that the change happened though.

I guess easiest way to know would be to look at the manual revision number though - or to ask somebody with multiple DOM's to check since I know some own multiple seats. It's possible I'm wrong - it's happened before. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC