Anyone have pics of a Bundle Me w/ the back cut out?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'm sorry... there were pics of it on the old bbc and I never saved them.. and then... well, we all know what happened there.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I thought it was on the OBBC vs NBBC, but the link isn't working. I just wanted to show it to someone on the DIJ09 board. Fun thread of like 13 pages so far on the Bundle Me, lol~

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Ugh, I should NOT have read that thread. "there's no POSSIBLE way a child could be ejected..." Yeah. I show parents every day at work how much slack those BundleMes create. It's ALOT and definitley enough for a newborn to be ejected. :rolleyes:

JOII

I thought it was on the OBBC vs NBBC, but the link isn't working. I just wanted to show it to someone on the DIJ09 board. Fun thread of like 13 pages so far on the Bundle Me, lol~

Here's the pic if you couldn't get it.

December2007427.jpg

I don't really see how the above pic would be any different than taking a thick blanket over top the child and tucking it around them.

I didnt bother to read the thread. Most bundle me threads have too many people saying their child will DIE from hypothermia if they dont use the bundle me :rolleyes:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep. Because before the Bundle Me was invented, when there were only blankets to put on top of them, so many children died of cold each year in their carriers.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Ugh, I should NOT have read that thread. "there's no POSSIBLE way a child could be ejected..." Yeah. I show parents every day at work how much slack those BundleMes create. It's ALOT and definitley enough for a newborn to be ejected. :rolleyes:

So you can get the thread to come up? Hmmmm, it does nothing for me.

Thanks for the pic, it'll be much helpful!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I can get old BBC to load if I'm not logged in on new BBC, but old BBC won't load if I'm logged in on new BBC. Not sure why it's working that way, but that's what seems to be going on there. :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I don't know. I still think Bundle Mes are silly and much prefer the shower cap styles, they seem to make more sense to me. :confused:

Still, the sheer number of people who buy those BundleMes might be happy to get some use out of them.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have never seen this done to a bundle me.... would you be ok using it this way?

Yes, if a bundle-me must be used, cutting the back (where the slots are) would be preferred.

But I actually prefer the shower-cap style better since the bundle-me still have the top flap coming up either half way (when the top portion is folded down) or totally up but covering the baby's face. For extra warmth, I just put a fleece blanket over the baby and under the cover.

Last edited:
I love the shower cap style, I so wish my daycare parent would do this with her bundle me. She is always complaing how it messes with the babies straps. I am going to tell her to try this mabey. She really hates the shower cap style covers.

Kat_Momof3

okay... I'm glad someone was able to access the old bbc board.

that is the pic I was talking about.

at the time that was posted, we had been debating what to do about them and someone came up with the idea and we thought it was great... she implemented it and VOILA!!

Now, what I don't get... and will never get... why don't the makers of the bundleme simply do that to begin with?? it would save fabric and make their product SAFE (not safer, as it isn't safe to begin with)

I also prefer the shower cap style covers, but for someone who has had one of these gifted to them and can't return it, or for a mom who bought this and can't return it... this is much better than basically saying they have to throw it away or just use it in the stroller.

for moms who don't sew, they can take it to a seamstress with the cutout marked and it won't cost much.

what is the DIJ09 board??

elle7715

Wow, I never even thought of doing that. I used a Bundle Me with DD (before I knew better) and it's sitting in a box of baby clothes because I didn't want to give it to someone else to use in a carseat. Does anyone know how well it stays on, or if velcro tabs could be used on the sides?

Oh, and FWIW, DS was born when it was 25 below windchill and came home when it wasn't much warmer. He was even early and survived without a Bundle Me, or even a shower cap cover. One blanket over him and then one blanket over the whole seat worked just fine. Even when we used a Bundle Me we still needed a blanket over the top to protect her face, so it's not like it using it saved us any time.

brooklynsmommy

I am so going to have to recommend this to SIL!!! I even have to remove the top half if I install it in my car without the base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC