Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Welcome to Carseat Swap! - READ BEFORE YOU SWAP!

This forum is for Senior Community Members (1 year registered, 300 posts, 150 reputation points), Technical Professionals and donors to post their "For Sale" and "Wanted" items. This includes child restraints and child passenger safety related items. All other items belong in the Swap-O-Rama sub forum. Please do not post in regard to merchandise beyond the scope of this forum; use ebay or craigslist for general items. Other Registered Members are allowed to read and reply to purchase items, but may not post items for sale/trade or wanted. This contents of this forum are not visible to the general public. All new threads are subject to review by moderators, so they may not appear immediately. Please update the tile of your posts to "Sold!" if the item is no longer for sale or if you found an item you listed in a "wanted" thread. Please read the announcement for access to post on Swap.

Buyers: please use caution before purchasing used child restraints. Please also examine this Used Seat Checklist first and then check to see, "Is Your Child Safety Seat Safe?," with the included recall list. No products posted here are endorsed by Car-Seat.Org, its owners, moderators or administrators; Buyers Beware and purchase at your own risk and only from members you trust! Even though we do not recommend or vouch for any products sold here, you can be sure our technicians and advocates will quickly report any recalled, expired or clearly unsafe car seats that might ever be listed, so it should be a much safer environment to buy a "pre-owned" child restraint than on an auction site or garage sale. If you have any questions, you can and should always ask by replying to the ad!

Sellers of used child restraints: Please address as many points in the Used Seat Checklist as possible. If you are not the original owner or if a seat otherwise fails a point on the checklist, you should make a complete explanation or not list the seat for sale here at all (then destroy it!). It is expected that this forum be an exchange for "Clean" child restraints. Expired, recalled, damaged, prototype and other restraints can also be exchanged for display or evaluation purposes, but these should be clearly identified as not for use with a child and why. Photos of all child restraints are encouraged.

Since there is no degree of buyer or seller protection, Car-Seat.Org assumes no risk or liability for any exchange or transaction made through this forum. We will not generally intervene on behalf of any buyer or seller. If you have any doubts or want some degree of protection, please consider using a private auction at a site like eBay after you agree on a purchase. Other alternatives include using a reputable escrow service for your transaction or purchasing new merchandise instead. Carseat Swap is intended only as a convenient resource for our members, many of whom happen to be child passenger safety technicians and advocates. It is not promoted as a place where there is any guarantee of safety in regard to buyers, sellers or products listed. We do hope that with the expertise available at Swap, it may be a better place to buy an item than some auction sites where unsafe products are routinely sold.

Otherwise, we expect our members to be honest in their dealings with each other. Repeated complaints will likely result in loss of access. In extreme cases, accounts may be revoked and banned. Please also see http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=36179 before you buy or sell items at Car-Seat.Org Swap. While we hope to provide a safer environment to exchange used carseats in safe condition, there is no way we can vouch for any sellers or items. Even the iTrader feedback system cannot guarantee a reliable transaction and it is for reference only.

Any "For Sale", "Wanted" or similar listings in other forums may be deleted without warning.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: Welcome!

I just wanted to add for buyer and seller protection. If you pay using paypal and the item arrives not as described, or not at all, you can file a dispute and recoop your money if they rule it that way. It isnt fail proof, but it helps.
    Always be sure to get insurance and delivery confirmation(tracking) on the item to insure it was shipped, will not get lost, or if it is lost or damaged you will get your money back.

If you need information about what paypal is Im sure there are a good number of us who can explain. It is a free program, I believe it is sponsored/run by ebay? or at least in cohorts with them. Been around a while and is reputable.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Good point. With Paypal and other payment methods, some forms of transactions qualify and some don't. Be sure to read the fine print!

More about this forum and posting access from the senior community member usergroup can be found here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8936 .

All hail joolsplus3, your moderator, Queen of CarseatLand and ruler of all Carseat Swap! lol!

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

<bow> <Queen-like wave>

Thank you, thank you very much. I shall rule my kingdom with a fair but firm hand.

Everyone play nice and we won't have any problems, ok?

Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Re: Welcome to Carseat Swap! - READ BEFORE YOU SWAP!

There is now a Swap-O-Rama sub forum for all other items that do not pertain to carseats or related CPS items.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

Question Re: Welcome to Carseat Swap! - READ BEFORE YOU SWAP!

I have over 100 posts, 55rep points and I've been registered over a year.
    Shouldn't I be able to post in Swap-O-Rama? or am I missing something?

Thanks
    ds1(9/19/07)
    Harnessed in FR85 until 5.5yrs old!
    Now riding in a Britax PWSG!

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMom24 View Post
    I have over 100 posts, 55rep points and I've been registered over a year.
    Shouldn't I be able to post in Swap-O-Rama? or am I missing something?

Thanks
    Whoops, the requirements were changed quite some time ago but this sticky wasn't updated, sorry! The 100/50 requirement now applies to those registered for 2 years, which you will be in a week or so. I'm setting you up with a free 2-month supporter subscription for bringing it to my attention, thank you!
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Whoops, the requirements were changed quite some time ago but this sticky wasn't updated, sorry! The 100/50 requirement now applies to those registered for 2 years, which you will be in a week or so. I'm setting you up with a free 2-month supporter subscription for bringing it to my attention, thank you!
    Wow, well that is certainly alright, this site is an amazing resource for so many and I know it must be hard to maintain and keep everything up to date! very kind and thoughtful of you!
    Thank you very much I appreciate it!
    ds1(9/19/07)
    Harnessed in FR85 until 5.5yrs old!
    Now riding in a Britax PWSG!