I'm am so mad

mburks26

I am about to totally cry. My sil moved back down here with her dd who just turned 3 in Nov. She has been in a Turbo booster Hbb since she was 2 and half due to weight. She is almost at 50lbs now, but anyway my in laws and dh thinks if a hbb is good enough for the cousin then dd can use it now too. aaaaaaaaggggggggg I am about to totally scream. They don't seem to understand that is just not safe. My dh even thinks using a lap only belt with a hbb is fine too. The last time my sil at xmas put her dd in my truck she didn't put the shoulder belt though the guide she just wrapped it around the booster I cried all the way home because dh wouldn't let me fix it oh shes fine etc. I guess some how I am going to not let any one ride with us at all and my dd not ride with them at all unless they will allow me me to install the GN. My dds aunt has an 8 yr old in a lbb and well she doesn't use the the booster right either doesn't use the shoulder belt. Whats worse dd aunt works at a children's hospital sometimes in the ER and my dd grandma works as a labor and delivery nurse and has worked in the ER as well.

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Honey, I'm more concerned about the way your dh is treating you than your niece.

My dh would never do that to me. Even if he completely disagreed with me, he wouldn't let me sit there and cry. He'd either have pulled over and let me fix it, or pulled over so we could at least discuss the disagreement.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I agree with Defrost, and I also agree with this:

I guess some how I am going to not let any one ride with us at all and my dd not ride with them at all unless they will allow me me to install the GN.

You have posted several times that your family does not appreciate or follow best practices. I think you're right that you're just going to have to be the one who transports your daughter. Is there any *need* (childcare, etc.) for others to drive her?

keri1292

I agree.

My dh knows (I do too) that somethings MUST be a certain way, no matter how trivial. Not that this was trivial for you or any other CPS minded person, but it was to your dh.

I'd definitely keep dd out of their cars. :twocents:

mburks26

I agree with Defrost, and I also agree with this:

You have posted several times that your family does not appreciate or follow best practices. I think you're right that you're just going to have to be the one who transports your daughter. Is there any *need* (childcare, etc.) for others to drive her?

There are times when she goes to church with my aunt I dont go and when she stays with grandma for a weekend if they go somewhere. I guess she doesnt get to go anymore, until she can use the booster by herself the correct way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC