Tyler in our 8 boosters

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
New pics in post #30.

We tried out Tyler in most of my boosters today, in the rain. I forgot to bring the Frontier and Recaro Start, but I know he fits in those. All but the Frontier pics were taken in a 2002 Malibu.

First and second pic will be Tyler, with the head rest in the right place.
Third pic will be Tyler with the head rest as far up as it will go. If there isn't a third pic, that means that the seat was all the way up in pic 1 and 2.
Fourth pic will be Bekah, age 4, 40 lbs, 41 1/2" tall, 14 1/2" torso height.

Tyler is 10 years old, 71 lbs, 54" tall, 19" torso height.

Before we started, I gave him a survey to read over.

1) Which booster was most comfortable?

2) Which two boosters are your favorite and why?

Will post the answers at the end.

Britax Frontier

These pics were taken about 6 months ago. But since it is the tallest booster, they still work. he has grown 1/2 and inch in torso height since then. These pics taken in a 2000 Ford Windstar.

IMG_1208.jpg
IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

Recaro Start

Taken this summer.

000_0007Large.jpg

Recaro Vivo

100_0201.jpg
100_0202.jpg

100_0203.jpg

100_0204.jpg

Jane Indy Plus

100_0194.jpg
100_0195.jpg

100_0196.jpg

100_0197.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Re: Tyler in our 7 boosters

Combi Kobuk

100_0205.jpg
100_0206.jpg

100_0207.jpg

Graco Turbo booster

100_0198.jpg
100_0199.jpg

100_0200.jpg

Combi Dakota

100_0208.jpg
100_0209.jpg

100_0210-1.jpg

Clek Otto

100_0211.jpg
100_0212.jpg

100_0213.jpg

Ok, now for Tyler's answers.

1) Which booster was most comfortable?

The Indy is the softest.

2) Which two boosters are your favorite and why?

Clek because its easy and won't be dangerous in an accident.

Frontier because it raises the highest. It is really, really tall.

So, for me, the keepers are:

Britax Frontier
Jane Indy Plus
Recaro Start
Recaro Vivo
Clek Otto

I will keep the turbo. It fits right now and I like the cover.

scatterbunny

Great idea to give him the survey. :p I bet H would love that.

Interesting that he says the Indy is "soft", since I didn't feel like it had much padding, despite the fact that dd really, really likes it. I'm also surprised he liked it despite the bright pink cover. :D

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Yeah, he likes it. When we where all done though. I said, ok, which booster do you want in the car, we gotta go. He said, I don't care, any are fine.

Oh, and the one pic I forget. I told him to line up all the seat, in the order he likes them. Depite they survey, he put the Recaro Start first (sorry, not in pic, also not shown, the Frontier in fourth, after the Indy).

100_0214.jpg

So his ranking:

1- Recaro Start
2- Recaro Vivo
3- Jane Indy Plus
4- Britax frontier
5- Clek Otto
6- Graco Turbo Booster
7- Combi Kobuk
8- Combi Dakota

scatterbunny

LOL, he's easy to please. :p I have both the PW and IP in the car right now, and dd consistently chooses the IP, even though the IP is just black and gray with a bit of red, and the PW is her favorite-purple.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

I got the IP in by myself today. Hard to do in the Malibu. I do like it. But, as usual, none go as high as I want them to.

scatterbunny

IKWYM. I think H's torso is at least as tall as Tyler's now, if not a smidge taller. I measure it as 19.25 inches with legs outstretched against the wall, 19.5 inches cross-legged. Height (barefoot) and weight in signature are current.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Great pics!
Michael loves his parkway(out of the FPSV and Turbobooster).

My nephew is 12 and loves his Graco Air booster vs. the turbobooster

Tyler would be on the top position on the air booster, and as of a year ago, he was basically spit out of the parkway. I wish they worked for us, but they don't. I want both.

scatterbunny

H would also need the top setting on the Turbo and Air, and she's too tall for the FPSV booster. Darn these tall/long-torsoed kids. :p

April

Hey, that's a nice looking Clek Otto you've got their. It would match my DH's truck interior perfectly!:whistle:

Love love love that the frontier goes sooo high. I can't imagine being able to see out of the back window if I had two of those in the back though.

Kat_Momof3

Yeah, he likes it. When we where all done though. I said, ok, which booster do you want in the car, we gotta go. He said, I don't care, any are fine.

Oh, and the one pic I forget. I told him to line up all the seat, in the order he likes them. Depite they survey, he put the Recaro Start first (sorry, not in pic, also not shown, the Frontier in fourth, after the Indy).

So his ranking:

1- Recaro Start
2- Recaro Vivo
3- Jane Indy Plus
4- Britax frontier
5- Clek Otto
6- Graco Turbo Booster
7- Combi Kobuk
8- Combi Dakota

I bet it would have come before the start and the vivo if it wasn't pink :p

seriously... color had to come into play at some point.

I love the height of the frontier... but you still need to add the shot of him in the Monterey (and how much he grew since then) from the expo.

Stretchy Glue

WOW! My H has outgrew the turbo like Tyler, over a year ago! She's right at 51 inches, but her torso is about 20 inches. I can't believe her height compared to a 9 year old.

ginny4

how did you measure tylers torso, straight legged or cross legged? i never know which way to do it. & the measurements are soooooo different each way. for my eldest i get 19.5 straight leg & 20.5 crossed. i'm also interested in how tyler fits the monterey now too.

Tyler'sMom1117

WOW! My H has outgrew the turbo like Tyler, over a year ago! She's right at 51 inches, but her torso is about 20 inches. I can't believe her height compared to a 9 year old.

My son is just like your dd in height. He outgrew the Regent in November right when he turned 5. He currently has a 19" torso. Some of his torso height comes from his booty. I've noticed most little boys/girls don't have much of a booty. He isn't chubby at all, he just has a rounder bottom than most. He gets confusing looks sometimes when people think he is 8, but he doesn't talk like an 8 year old.:confused: He doesn't know what to say when people ask what grade he is in.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member

So his ranking:

1- Recaro Start
2- Recaro Vivo
3- Jane Indy Plus
4- Britax frontier
5- Clek Otto
6- Graco Turbo Booster
7- Combi Kobuk
8- Combi Dakota

That speaks pretty highly for Recaro, not so much for Combi!

Judi - I know you listed the ones that you like, but which one is YOUR favorite?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

how did you measure tylers torso, straight legged or cross legged? i never know which way to do it. & the measurements are soooooo different each way. for my eldest i get 19.5 straight leg & 20.5 crossed. i'm also interested in how tyler fits the monterey now too.

Sorry, torso height was measured with legs straight out. I made sure their bums were pushed all the way back, against the wall. I need to get alhold of a Monterey. Can you believe, after all this, I don't have one?

That speaks pretty highly for Recaro, not so much for Combi!

Judi - I know you listed the ones that you like, but which one is YOUR favorite?

Frontier, hands down. He will fit in that thing forever.

Second, Recaro Start, for the belt lock off alone. great trainer booster, but won't last. Nice SIP as well. Not too easy to use.

Thrid, I think the Recaro Vivo. The SIP is amazing, and it has a nice amount of leg support. The lap belt is positioned really well. I don't think the pics do it justice.

Fourth, the Indy. That thing is solid in the Malibu. Also, nice eady recline, if needed.

My big hang up is height. Nothing is tall enough to last. Execpt for the Frontier.

I will keep the Otto, just because it is great as a oops, I have Tyler today? If I would have known, type seat. That one always stays in the trunk, just in case.

Tyler'sMom1117

The Vivo looks like he could just fall forward out of it. You said the pictures don't do it justice though. I guess it is like the Clek Olli. It looks so short and uncomfortable, but it isn't.

ginny4

oh sorry i thought you might have had the monterey.
thanks for photos THEY ARE GREAT! & Tyler is such a great sport about trying them all out so thanks to Tyler too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC