Where would you put them?

oxeye

I'm starting to think about the seating arrangement in my Sienna once the baby comes. I have a 7-passenger with the passenger-side captains chair shifted towards the middle.

I am pretty sure DD2 will be FF by then .... but she's been pretty stable at 31 pounds for like 3 months now so who knows. Let's assume she is FF because even if she isn't by then, she would be very shortly!

Both DDs will be in Frontiers and DS will be in a Keyfit. Who would you put where? I prefer to avoid having a RF seat behind the driver since DH is very tall but that's something he can deal with on the rare occasion that he drives my car.

Thanks guys!

ADS

NannyMom

DS in center 2nd row, because you don't want rf behind driver. DD2 in 2nd row behind driver if she's FF, she still may need help buckling. DD3 center 3rd row.

If DD2 is still RF, put her 3rd row Driver's side (no top tether there for FF) and DD3 3rd row passenger's side. You can easily flip the 2nd row driver's side seat to buckle DD2, or just reach over top. You can take off the headrest to make the reach easier (and just put the head rest from the center 2nd row seat on the driver's side if you have someone sitting there).

Or you could put DD2 RF passenger's side 3rd row, and DD2 center 3rd row. THen just buckle DD2 when you put the baby's seat in. DOn't know how well your 2 seats would fit next to each other though, I've never used a Frontier.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I'd put the baby in the center, youngest dd outboard behind the driver. Put oldest in the back outboard behind the passenger so it's easier to reach her if she needs help with her seat.

MustangMama

I would put your new baby behind the front passenger seat for easy in and out.

I would put your youngest that is in the Frontier behind the drivers seat.

Then I would put the oldest child in the other Frontier in the 3rd row out board so you can help with the harness if needed.

Congrats on the new baby and good luck :)

Last edited:

cryswilkins

What about DS in the third row passenger outboard? Its not that you should be reaching back there to tend to him even in the second row. Then both DD's in the second row.

OR

I would do as PP have said. DD1 in the third row passenger outboard, DD2 center second row and DS second row outboard.

oxeye

I like the idea of putting both DDs in the second row and DS in the third row, but I also like the idea of having him in reach of one of them so they could hand him pacifiers if he is fussy. ;) But I'm wondering if both of the girls should be in the same row just for less fighting (the third row is already coveted - "Mommy, can you put my carseat in the back?" comes from both of them frequently, LOL).

I really wish the Sienna had tether anchors for both outboard positions in the third row. Then I think I might put them both back there! But if I have 4 anchors in the car, I'm not going to put one of them in a spot without an anchor. I'm pretty sure I can't get the Frontiers side-by-side back there either.

LOL just way too many options with this van! I think I may actually be leaning towards putting DS behind the driver and making DH deal with a little bit less room when he drives. Putting DS outboard makes me nervous even though I know the RF kid is safer than a FF kid - but he'll just be so little! I wish I had three center positions. ;)

NannyMom

Having the older kids next to Sofi when she was a baby was great. Even as a younger toddler it was helpful. They could help her find the pacifier, or whatever she needed. With my boss having a new baby, I have both older kids in the 3rd row, Sofi (2) center 2nd row, and the new baby will be passenger side 2nd row (I have 8 passenger). We'll see how it works out with the baby. I may end up rearranging.

How easy is it to adjust the harness height on the Frontier once it's installed? If it's easy, the girls can take turns and each have their own week or month or whatever in the 3rd row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC