Question does she still fit?

skylinphoto

My 9.5 month old is in a baby trend flex loc infant seat. She is 28 inches long and 15.5 lbs (haven't measured her torso in a bit..but it's over 11 in for sure). She's lightweight but long. lol.

I can't tell if she's outgrown her seat ( i sure hope not) and if she still fits..how much longer do you think she has?

Last edited:
ADS

MOM25BOYS

Hi, not a tech but as long as she has 1inch of shell above her she is good to go. Also is the padded headrest in the seat removable? If so I would take it out as you would be able to tell better how much shell she has above her head. They can be deceptive and make it look like there is no shell left.;) If you can remove it I would recommend taking a pic of her in it without it to post.:) I am sure a tech will chime in soon to help.

NannyMom

I'd like to see a pic w/o the ehadrest too. I bet w/o it, she'd have more than 1 inch. But I would be shopping for a new seat soon.

skylinphoto

No I can't take the headrest out. At least I don't know how anyway. And I know it's supposed to be used with it...lol. It's an adjustable headrest like the Britax BV.

mommyto4

It looks like she still fits, but won't for long. I'd be shopping for a new seat.

She's really cute BTW.

Mattkarn

The headrest is not removable, its like the Boulevard. I think she has maybe 2 inches to grow. I would start shopping for a convertible soon. :thumbsup:

And I took too long to respond. :eek:

skylinphoto

How much longer do you think she'll fit?
We're looking at getting her a Signo (i have one for my rfing 2.5 year old)..but we're hoping to get her one of the new colors (pink and black lol). They don't come out until March '09. That's 3 months from now.
Should I just spring for a scenera for the in between seats time?
And yes, dh is set on the Signo. haha.

Anyone think she'll fit for 3 more months? lol.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I think she'll fit for another month or two, but probably not 3. You could try to wait it out and if she doesn't make it until March then buy a Scenera to use until then. Or, you could get a Signo now and just buy the new cover when it comes out.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
She's got loads of room. Barring a HUGE growth spurt, she'll totally fit until March ;) Don't hold your breath though-Recaro is known for pushing back those estimates for ages :rolleyes:

skylinphoto

She's got loads of room. Barring a HUGE growth spurt, she'll totally fit until March ;) Don't hold your breath though-Recaro is known for pushing back those estimates for ages :rolleyes:

Now I'm confused! lol. Who's right? Does she have barely any room left...or loads of room?

Yes, I know Recaro is famous for pushin back dates. lol. I'm holding out hope though since I've gotten the same answer multiple times from various CS reps!

NannyMom

It's hard to tell because babies grow at different rates. I swear my DD grew 2 inches in a month or less (all torso) and outgrew a seat. If you bought a Scenera could you also use it as a spare, or in someone else's car, or for travel?

I'd say take another pic in a month and see how she's doing ;) You can always go get a Scenera if you need to.

crunchierthanthou

How much higher does the headrest adjust? Several inches, right?

Baby Trend has stated that there's needs to be 1" of headrest above the child's head- which means it can go above the actual shell. Here's a thread about it- http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=49647. Although, it looks like she's got a bit of room before her head reaches the top of the shell anyway. :)

skylinphoto

Consensus is that she still fits then? :)

And yea, if I had to get a scenera it wouldn't be a big deal. We're about to get a second car and would need seats for the (not used often) car.

But, she looks like she's good where she's at for now?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Now I'm confused! lol. Who's right? Does she have barely any room left...or loads of room?

Yes, I know Recaro is famous for pushin back dates. lol. I'm holding out hope though since I've gotten the same answer multiple times from various CS reps!

Right now she has about 4-5 inches, so 3-4 inches of torso growth, plus the headrest adjusts up farther than the edge of the seat.

Maedze

I'm going to second Aurora. The baby has gobs of room. I'm estimating at least 3" of shell space over her head, probably a little more.

skylinphoto

Yay!!!!! Thanks everyone!!! That's what I was hoping to hear!!!! Woooo! lol.

I've always heard that it's 1 in of shell...and that headrests don't count as shell. It's good to see this seat is an exception!!!

I'm so glad to hear she has more room in her seat. :)

Thanks again everyone!

crunchierthanthou

How much longer do you think she'll fit?
We're looking at getting her a Signo (i have one for my rfing 2.5 year old)..but we're hoping to get her one of the new colors (pink and black lol). They don't come out until March '09. That's 3 months from now.
Should I just spring for a scenera for the in between seats time?
And yes, dh is set on the Signo. haha.

Anyone think she'll fit for 3 more months? lol.

beyond waiting for the pink and black, I think it would be worth waiting for the new run anyway. The old ones haven't been manufactured since late 2007, which means you'll have less than 5 years of use out of any you buy now. That's fine if you can find a great discount, but I haven't seen many reductions on the Signo.

also, check out this thread on how to gauge if a rf seat is outgrown. I'm in the group who thinks she has loads of room left.

skylinphoto

beyond waiting for the pink and black, I think it would be worth waiting for the new run anyway. The old ones haven't been manufactured since late 2007, which means you'll have less than 5 years of use out of any you buy now. That's fine if you can find a great discount, but I haven't seen many reductions on the Signo.

also, check out this thread on how to gauge if a rf seat is outgrown. I'm in the group who thinks she has loads of room left.

No, they've been made more recent than that. My son's (which I bought a few months ago) was manufactured on 9/2008. That's what the sticker on the seat and the box said. :) I bought his Signo from Hipmonkey.com.

crunchierthanthou

No, they've been made more recent than that. My son's (which I bought a few months ago) was manufactured on 9/2008. That's what the sticker on the seat and the box said. :) I bought his Signo from Hipmonkey.com.

that's good to know- and just one more example of Gayle not having complete info based on what she was emailing in september. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC