WWYD?

MustangMama

Wwyd? (new pics)

See DD's stats in my signature......

Would you buy her another harnessed seat or not (as a 2nd seat)?

And if so......what seat?

I don't want a Regent and I don't like the Safeguard. I am only going to use it for a year or so, until she can sit in her booster we me being comfortable with it.

I am thinking a convertible with high top slots. She JUST passed the 2nd slot on the GN. Then I can either sell it or use it for baby #2. She already has a booster so we don't have to have that requirement.

I like the GN but want something different for DH car.

Thoughts??:confused:

Last edited:
ADS

Maggie

What about the Apex?

Though it has it's faults, it can be found quite cheap. I paid $79 for mine. My DD is 4.5, 50lbs and 48". She is on the 3rd slot from the bottom, with one more slot to move to.

Edit to add, I didn't see that part about passing the convertible on. I'm not too familiar with all the convertibles. If there's one that would give her room for another year, I'd go that route I guess.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Radian. It's a fantastic back-up seat because it easily and comfortably fits a wide range of kids, is perfect for travel, and can fit in tight 3-across situations if need be.

MustangMama

What I am really trying to get at, is someone to suggest a TRUEFIT! It would verify my need to buy it LOL!

How high are the top slots on the TrueFit and does anybody recommend it for a small 5yo?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
What I am really trying to get at, is someone to suggest a TRUEFIT! It would verify my need to buy it LOL!

How high are the top slots on the TrueFit and does anybody recommend it for a small 5yo?

LOL.

Ok, in your situation, a TrueFit would be fine if your DD still fits and you only need her in it for a while.

I think it has 17" top slots (or maybe 17.5?). Measuring your DD's torso height might or might not give you an idea of how she'd fit. It's not an exact science.

Your best bet is to go to a store that has it and will let you try it in your car. (Kids fit differently installed vs. uninstalled.)

A small 5-year-old will likely have room, but it's hard to say for sure.

MustangMama

LOL.

Ok, in your situation, a TrueFit would be fine if your DD still fits and you only need her in it for a while.

I think it has 17" top slots (or maybe 17.5?). Measuring your DD's torso height might or might not give you an idea of how she'd fit. It's not an exact science.

Your best bet is to go to a store that has it and will let you try it in your car. (Kids fit differently installed vs. uninstalled.)

A small 5-year-old will likely have room, but it's hard to say for sure.

I **think** but don't take my word- last time I measured DD torso I got 15.5"ish. That was a few weeks ago. I measured when she was sitting on the floor from her bum to above her shoulders.

bubbaray

What about a RN with a Princess cover? I actually prefer that cover over the TF Monet (which is a bit orangy/coral for my tastes). I also prefer the MA Brooke cover over the Monet.

Jan06twinmom

I don't have the True Fit, but I think the Radian would be the perfect seat for this situation. This week, I had my niece and DS in the Radians. DS is almost 4 years old, about 42in tall and 42lbs. He is on the second from the top slot so he definitely has some growing room in it. My neice is 5 - almost 6 years old. She is bigger than my DS (guessing 45in tall and 45-47lb). She was on the top harness height of the Radian with probably 1/2 in before she would be at the top harness height. The Radian can be used past the top harness height so she could probably make it to 7 years old in the Radian if we went over the top slot.

Melanie

NannyMom

LOL, that's exactly what I was going to suggest! If DD just passed the 2nd slots in the GN, she could probobly get at least a year out of the true fit, then pass it to baby #2.

Pixels

Radian has 18" top slots, so it would fit even longer than the TF. Plus it folds, which is nice if you are traveling or storing it between when DD1 outgrows it and when you want it for DC#2.

MustangMama

LOL, that's exactly what I was going to suggest! If DD just passed the 2nd slots in the GN, she could probobly get at least a year out of the true fit, then pass it to baby #2.

SEE! I LOVE you!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

Which cover is your favorite? I am leaning towards the Cappuchino!

MustangMama

I don't have the True Fit, but I think the Radian would be the perfect seat for this situation. This week, I had my niece and DS in the Radians. DS is almost 4 years old, about 42in tall and 42lbs. He is on the second from the top slot so he definitely has some growing room in it. My neice is 5 - almost 6 years old. She is bigger than my DS (guessing 45in tall and 45-47lb). She was on the top harness height of the Radian with probably 1/2 in before she would be at the top harness height. The Radian can be used past the top harness height so she could probably make it to 7 years old in the Radian if we went over the top slot.

Melanie

How does that work that she can go OVER the top slots FF?

NannyMom

SEE! I LOVE you!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

Which cover is your favorite? I am leaning towards the Cappuchino!

My fav is Monet....but not when planning for more kids :) If I were to buy one now, I would want Aurora. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it in stores here, so I'd probobly get Misy Morning (I think that's the name... it's black with some blue).

BTW- I installed a TF months ago in my van. J was currently barely under the 3rd slot in the GN and he still had about an inch to go before hitting the very top of the TF. However, there wasn't much harness to loosen or tighten. He was about 46 inches 46 pounds then.

Pixels

The Radian is the only seat that allows it. They say because of the steel frame, it reduces the compressive forces on the spine. As long as kiddo's tops of the ears are below the top of the shell, you can go over the top slots on the Radian. Most kids go over the top slots first. I think the Sunshine Kids rep said 2% of kids will go over the slots and not go over the limit on the shell.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member

Sunshine Kids says that the shoulders can be above the top slots when FF in the Radian. I believe they are the only company that allows it.

Whoops, cross posted with pixels. If you want a TrueFit, I say go for it! It makes a fabulous RF seat to pass on to Baby #2 and if it meets your needs now, then why not?

MustangMama

The Radian is the only seat that allows it. They say because of the steel frame, it reduces the compressive forces on the spine. As long as kiddo's tops of the ears are below the top of the shell, you can go over the top slots on the Radian. Most kids go over the top slots first. I think the Sunshine Kids rep said 2% of kids will go over the slots and not go over the limit on the shell.

o0o0ooo0o0o0 gotcha!

Are there any seats I am forgetting about that may work for us?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus

LMAO!!! You are among like-minded friends, m'dear. We're all carseat-crazy here...

But I like the Radian better! Granted, I've only seen one True Fit IRL (and helped install it) but the Radian is just one of my favorite seats. It's a secondary seat for us and I just love it. I love that it folds up so it's easy to store and move from car-to-car. I love that I can use it for nearly any possible kid I might have to transport who needs a harness. I love that I know it will fit (with a few exceptions because of incompatible installs) just about anywhere I need to put it.

emandbri

I think you would be happy with any of choices or even a triumpth advanced which is a cheaper option. She is so light that the 50 lbs weight limit wouldn't make a difference.

I really wish the measurement page at carseatdata.org was up to day but they are all very similar with top slot height with the exception of the radian which is a bit taller.

Do you think you will be in a situation where you will need to do 3 in a row? If so the radian would be the best choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC