No screaming!

Splash

Sam HATES the car. He really does. Or, he did. He would scream non-stop every ride, to the point he would be unable to get his breath. He's soak himself in sweat, puke, you name it.

So, I jacked his SS1 as upright as I could make it, and no crying since in that one.
I debated about changing his seat in my car. I LOVE my Priori, but I can't get it any more upright than it already is. Plus, I think the shape of it bothered him. So, this morning I put the BV in there for him, very upright. I watched him for a long time before driving off, and then again the whole ride, and he was fine with his head up. Even when sleeping, it dind't flop anymore than in the priori. And NO screaming for three car rides so far, including one where he was tired, hungry, and poopy. I put him in and take him out all smiles.

Maybe it's a fluke, but i hope not. PLEASE let this mean that he is comfortable enough to drive somewhere without wailing...

I love the MCP, though... but I'm gonna have to sell it. He's just more comfortable in the BV (even though I have to eat the dashboard for another 2 years... yay).

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
This is what I recommend to parents when they call for help with installing the infant seats of their newborns. Try a convertible.
I've probably done this at least a dozen times and every time it's worked.

I think some babies don't like the curve of the "bucket" seats. It makes their tummies hurt.

arly1983

I agree.

J had colic and screamed constantly in the car. I just thought it was the colic. Well, at 3.5 months old he outgrew the snugride and moved to a Roundabout and suddenly was a happy baby but only in the car :rolleyes: He just screamed the rest of the time.

monstah

DD was a big screamer in the car also. By 4 months old I had her in the BLVD, happy as a clam. (Unless the ride is longer than 30-45 minutes.) She just really hates the harness as far as I can tell.

Splash

It's a Subaru Forester.

I'd love a Diplomat, but I am not buying yet another seat since I have three extras already (two BVs, two Regents, GN, MCP) and I'm trying to pare down my collection! I'm gonna try and trade the MCP for a RA, even if it's just temporary. Or one of the BVs for a RA temporarily. It's a fabulous seat, IMO the best I've ever owned, but it's just not working with my car and why I would much rather trash the car in favor of the seat, it's not that simple... ;)

So, for now, I lick the windshield. Oh well.

Mommypooh

I had the same issue I had my sons in a snug ride until about 4 months of age for each and the screamed all the time in the car when they outgrew it and went to a convertable the crying stopped. My oldest went into a Evenflo titan I think and my youngest went into a BV. He loves it still and is a happy camper now.

BW1426

Could you try and trade for a TF? Then you would have a seat that would take up less room, but was still a HWH.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
This is what I recommend to parents when they call for help with installing the infant seats of their newborns. Try a convertible.
I've probably done this at least a dozen times and every time it's worked.

I think some babies don't like the curve of the "bucket" seats. It makes their tummies hurt.

That was exactly our problem with infant seats - too curvy. The only one my kids ever liked was one that had a perfectly flat back - the Cosco Dreamride in carseat mode (as opposed to carbed mode).

With my fourth, we just went straight to a convertible.

MustangMama

It's a Subaru Forester.

I'd love a Diplomat, but I am not buying yet another seat since I have three extras already (two BVs, two Regents, GN, MCP) and I'm trying to pare down my collection! I'm gonna try and trade the MCP for a RA, even if it's just temporary. Or one of the BVs for a RA temporarily. It's a fabulous seat, IMO the best I've ever owned, but it's just not working with my car and why I would much rather trash the car in favor of the seat, it's not that simple... ;)

So, for now, I lick the windshield. Oh well.

O-M-G your posts make me laugh!

LMAO :ROTFLMAO:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC