News Well I did it....I got the Britax BLVD and Regent

momma2three

Yep...I took the plunge and got the Britax Boulevard for my 15 month old and went ahead and got the Regent for my 5.5 year old.

I just couldn't buy the baby such a nice car seat while leaving my 5 year old in her miserably uncomfortable looking thing. If I had an accident and my oldest was badly injured because I didn't get her one too then I would have never forgave myself.

I just wish I had known about these car seats when she was a baby. OH WELL :eek: At least I know now.

Now both my girls will be comfy and safe. :D I am so excited....I can hardly wait to get them in....We don't travel a lot at all....pretty much homebodies but I'll have to get them on the road as soon as they come in...just to try um out....:ROTFLMAO:

HOPE I PICKED THE RIGHT SEATS.....this is my first Britax seats....I believe I'll be well satisfied though.

ADS

NSmom

I just couldn't buy the baby such a nice car seat while leaving my 5 year old in her miserably uncomfortable looking thing. If I had an accident and my oldest was badly injured because I didn't get her one too then I would have never forgave myself.

I know how you feel, DD is now in a Frontier and its killing me to have DS in his old seat, I think I may have to get him something new too, DH will have a fit but at least I will feel better!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
OP, congrats on your new seats!

I know how you feel, DD is now in a Frontier and its killing me to have DS in his old seat, I think I may have to get him something new too, DH will have a fit but at least I will feel better!

I'm not sure what other seats you're talking about, but remember that a less-expensive seat does not necessarily mean less safe. An inexpensive seat that isn't expired, recalled, or missing parts, and that's installed correctly, used correctly, and fits a child correctly, is perfectly safe. :)

momma2three

Well ashamedly I must admit the girls seats were pretty cheap....I had no problem with the seats until I researched Evenflo and saw all the recalls....and sadly enough my Babies infant carrier had been one of the many recalled. I thought my girls had pretty nice seats until I started shopping around for new ones.....GEE-WIZZZZ...I never knew there were so many choices...I know that price alone does not make a seat any better than another....but I have also realized that you get what you pay for....and if my girls previous seats were every bit as safe as the news ones...well great, but I bet they will be a WHOLE LOT more comfy....and thats worth it all to me! My 5 yr old falls asleep everywhere we go and her lil head would dangle foward til it looked like her neck would break....I would constantly have to wake her up and tell her to raise her head....to be able to see her sleep cozy and comfy....PRICELESS!!!!!!

valleyfam

I think you'll be pleased. Both seats sleep great. I know what you mean the others may be safe but they sure don't feel as plush. Hope your kiddos love their new seats.:)

momma2three

I think you'll be pleased. Both seats sleep great. I know what you mean the others may be safe but they sure don't feel as plush. Hope your kiddos love their new seats.:)

Thanks a bunch! I think we will be well pleased.

No the other seats sure ain't as plush....they have absolutely no padding at all....and with all the recalls you have to wonder about the safety issue as well! My oldest daughters seat had no recline at all either so I think she will be very happy and if the Regent is good and comfy to her then she won't mind staying harnessed longer.;)

Mommypooh

I have 2 BV and a Regent. I love them. I used to have an evenflo titan and a Graco Cargo. I love my britax so much easier to install the Regent is a little troublesome when I first got it but now I know the tricks so I can get it installed in like 7 min and the FF BV I can do in 3 min and the RF takes about 5 min. SO all told I can do a full installation in like 15 min.

My daughter sleeps so well in her Regent she will be 6 in march and both my boys sleep well in the BV.

I am sure you will be happy with your seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC