New Graco Car seat!

H

hayleycrabtree

Has anyone been to the Gracobaby.com website recently?! I got so excited because of the new design and also the new snugride goes up to 32lbs/32inches!! SUPER EXCITING!

Has anyone heard about it?

Thanks!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yes, the Snugride 32 is basically the Graco Safe Seat 1 infant seat under a new name with a higher weight limit of 32 lbs. :)

H

hayleycrabtree

I wonder if the safeseat would fit in the Snugride32 base...

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You can't use the dafe seat base in the 32, but the 32 can use the safe seat base as per Graco.

NannyMom

You can't use the dafe seat base in the 32, but the 32 can use the safe seat base as per Graco.

No, that's the opposite. Unless I misunderstood what you typed :confused:

The SR32 base says it can be used with a SR32 carrier or SS1 carrier

The SS1 base can only be used with the SS1 carrier.

Thaose are the rules, as per Graco. And I called and had the CS rep verify it with the Graco Carseat Techs. For legal reasons because the SS1 base says 30 pounds, it can not be used with the seat labeed 32 pounds :rolleyes:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
And yet, some people have been told differently by other reps.

They better get their story straight and soon, and choose one official answer and stick with it!

NannyMom

And yet, some people have been told differently by other reps.

They better get their story straight and soon, and choose one official answer and stick with it!

That's true. I also had a rep tell me no....the 2 seats are totally different, not compatible at all... I wonder what seat he was looking at, lol.

But we do know for certain that either carrier can be used with SR32 base as it says that right on the sticker :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I was actually thinking of people who have been told that it's okay with the SS1 base to 30 lbs.

NannyMom

Oh, ok. Maybe they changed the rule? THis is what I was told when we were waiting for the SR32 to hit stores. Maybe they decided it was crazy and are now allowing it. SOrry.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, fixed. this is the email.

Hi Judi,

Thank you for the email. I appreciate you taking the time to check on this issue. The answer you rec'd. is the correct one to the question regarding the bases. Please see below:

Step 1 stand alone bases will only be compatible with Step 1 shells.

SnugRide 32 stand alone bases will be compatible with Step 1 shells and SnugRide 32 shells.

Please let me know if I can help additionally with other questions or information. From now through the end of the year there will be a mix of the Step 1 & Snug Ride 32 on the retail shelves. By the end of January most of the Step 1 units should be sold and most of the inventory should be the Snug Ride 32 units.

Kind regards,
name removed

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC