GUESS WHAT?!?!?! (PICS) (Look Defrost!)

MustangMama

I recently traded my Graco SnugRide for an Evenflo Discovery. I know, bad trade (although I gained 5 years of use :thumbsup:), but the mom needed the SR for a 3 across situation because the base on the Discovery is a PITA.

I was letting DD play with it for her babies because I am not a fan of it but tonight after she went to bed I *snuck* it out of her room and tried it out in the Stang.......and GUESS WHAT!!??!!

IT FIT! and it fit BEAUTIFULLY! :thumbsup:;):):D:rolleyes::love:

I cannot tell you all how excited I am! I posted a thread asking about what seats might fit because I was dreading any sit RF in my car but amazingly....it is not as bad as I thought it would be.

And to all that suggested to ANYBODY with a sports car that its not made for kids........BOOEY!:whistle: LOL

I am so happy right now! :love:

PICS:

1. My driving seat in relation to where the passenger seat has to be to accompany an infant RF seat. (AMAZING HUH?!)

2. The distance from the back of the passenger seat to the RF seat.

3. The actual seat, crappy pic, SORRY!

The install was rock solid using LATCH and the bottom of the base was flush with the seat of the Mustang. The incline may not be exactly right (It was dark out) but even if it were adjusted some degrees, it still would be acceptable with room for a rider in front! :thumbsup:

YAY! YAY! YAY!

ADS
I just played with an evenflo infant seat today for the first time at K-mart. OMG! That thing is thin and not long, but chinsy feeling though. I thought the same thing as you. What an awseome seat for sports cars. I don't think I trust that seat 100% though.
I can't see the pics though. When I click nothing will let me.

MustangMama

Yeah it does feel cheap and I am not a fan of it either (Hence owning a SnugRide).

I am not planning on using it as I have no baby to put in it, but I am just glad to know THERE IS a seat that will fit in my back seat.

This means that other seats will probably work too! That EXCITES ME! :thumbsup:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
BUT!!!! Evenflo requires the handle be even with the carrier top & there MUST be 1 1/2" of space between the handle and the vehicle seat back.

Have you tried a KeyFit?

MustangMama

BUT!!!! Evenflo requires the handle be even with the carrier top & there MUST be 1 1/2" of space between the handle and the vehicle seat back.

Have you tried a KeyFit?

So the handle has to be down when in use??

What car seats don't require the handle to be down?

I will go try now and take some more pics........

MustangMama

Graco
Cosco (Dorel)

Ok cool because when we have a baby it will definitely be in a SnugRide.

Here are some more pics. It does eat away at a little bit more of the passenger seat but a SR doesn't have to have the handle down so without havinig the handle down, we will gain back the room :thumbsup:

Regardless, I HAVE HOPE STILL! lol :D

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Is that all the way down? I don't deal with a lot of Evenflo infant seats, but I thought there was one more click down beyond that.

Wendy

MustangMama

Is that all the way down? I don't deal with a lot of Evenflo infant seats, but I thought there was one more click down beyond that.

Wendy

On the handle? Are you meaning does it go closer to the floor? I was thinking that too but the person above (jen_nah) said Evenflo requires the handle to be at the top of the carrier. That is the only place it would lock.

I checked twice to be sure!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It says in the Embrace manual that if you need more room, you can go to the next click. It that not the same with Discovery? Back to read to manual again, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC