Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Flying with Air Canada

I'm flying with Air Canada and February and I'm really confused about the sticker on the car seats to travel on AC. Does the fact that my car seat has a maple leaf on the buckle indicate that it is okay for air travel? Because I CANNOT find the statement "This child restraint system conforms to all applicable Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.", or that the seat has been certified to CMVSS 213 or 213.1"? I also cannot find this statement in the manual. I have the Cosco Alpha Omega.

Thanks!

Rebecca

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Re: Flying with Air Canada

You won't find that statement on the Canadian seat because CMVSS 213 and 213.1 means it's certified for use in vehicles as well as on board an aircraft.

Print this link and take with you might help http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/co.../tips/faq2.htm 2nd paragraph.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

Senior Community Member unityco's Avatar

The sticker the airline staff will be looking for is round with a Maple Leaf on it. Around the edge should be a statement mentioning CMVSS 213. The centre of the leaf will have a 3 letter/number code. IME, Air Canada staff are more likely to ask to see the sticker than WestJet, so you'd be best to know where it is.

HTH!

Unregistered

Hi Rebecca
    I, too, have the Cosco Alpha Omega and cannot for the life of me find the cmvss213 sticker. I'm losing my mind as I have to fly across the world in 2 weeks. I've contacted Dorel (Cosco) and they're useless. did you have any luck?

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Rebecca
    I, too, have the Cosco Alpha Omega and cannot for the life of me find the cmvss213 sticker. I'm losing my mind as I have to fly across the world in 2 weeks. I've contacted Dorel (Cosco) and they're useless. did you have any luck?
    You can't find this sticker anywhere on the seat?

Btw, the letter/numbers in the middle of the maple leaf would be different for each manufacturer.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

Carseat Crazy

The one I have can't be seen with the seat installed FF. It's on the inside of one of the upright back support pieces.