WWYD? Buy a nautilus now or wait?

Logan is super duper close to outgrowing his scenera and has room left in his chase.... Daycare boy is the same size as Logan(mabey a hair shorter in torso). (he probally isn't coming back till end of January/Feb.-so really I think I am ok). Both are 34 pounds.

So, do I buy the nautilus now or do I wait for the Nautilus elite? What price was that going to be around?
I am pretty much set on the nautilus because Logan is dying to go into a booster(um, don't think so kiddo-even if I do think he would sit in it better than Michael). I wanted to get one for his birthday, but hubby said, um, not a cool birthday present! Logan would think so though! LOL! (oh well).
He just loves the nautilus...he is in love with the booster look and the cupholder(poor kid never has had a cup holder before).

So...then I need to get another HWH seat(probally radian) when Daycare boy outgrows one of the seats.

So, should I wait or buy the nautilus now?
Sleeping is good in the nautilus? he loves to sleep in his carseat and hates the chase because he can't sleep good in it. His FPSVD(that he loves) is in my cousin's pilot(daycare boys mom) for when she drives logan back and forth to preschool) because it is the only seat he can do by himself(which is a must)-she does double check though.
SCENERA
n822470510_5180155_4040.jpg

Chase
n822470510_5085548_6895.jpg

ADS

MustangMama

Oh my gosh is he a cutie or what?!

I love our Nautilus. DD doesn't fall asleep alot but when she does, her head does not fall over -which I am a FREAK about! I will pull over if her head falls over.

I think you should just buy one now. Actually if you could wait a few weeks they might go back on sale for $122 on Amazon.com.

I don't think it is worth it to wait. It's gonna pry cost $50 more for some extra padding.....:twocents:

Go for it girl!

ETA: Saw your MySpace.....how'd you get a EFTA for 75% off????!?!?!???!?!!?!?!?

C

ChickityChinah

*bumping this up* I have the same question. I have the money right now and a 20% off coupon and I am really tempted to go get the Mariposa Nautilus for DD. She is in a MA in our van but right now I only have Scenera in DH's car (she hardly EVER rides in it). I would love to get a Nauti for the van and move the MA into the car so there are more comfortable seats in both cars. I would probably drive the car more myself (it's much better on gas than the van), but I hate the harness on the Scenara.

But I'm wondering if, since it's the middle of January and I don't have any real urgency to get it (she fits fine in both seats now, she's only 35 months, 32 pounds) should I wait for the Elite?

I do know she loves pink and she loves butterflies and she already LOVES the Nautilus whenever we see it in a store and wants to get in it, so a pink one w/ butterflies would send her into car seat ecstasy. But the adjustable head wings on the Elite sound like a really neat feature, especially when she naps.

Opinions?

I got the ETA for 75% off at target when they were clerancing their seats ;-). It was too wide for my van though and ended up selling it to my neighbor for her lil' girl to ERF in. ;-)

I ended up getting the nautilus and love it. I am keeping the scenera for my daycare kiddos ;-).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC