Pics of Tyler in the Jane Indy Plus

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
So, this was my Christmas present from my step mom. Wasn't that so incredibly nice of her? I love how sturdy it feels. Unfortunately, in my Malibu, it is a bear to latch. So, there it stays for now. When it is in, it is tight, very nice.

Hey H! Here is the cover you are getting! Oh, and Tyler didn't mind being in a pink seat at all. I gave him choices, and he chose the IP.

Because it is latched, I can not fit three across. Here is my attempt, Recaro Start, Radian 65, Jane Indy Plus.

100_0129.jpg

It fits Tyler well. He is 10 years old now, and has a little room to room still. I plan to take pics of him in all his seats, maybe later this week. Excuse him being out of position. He was proud of his new toy.

100_0132.jpg

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Thanks! With all Tyler's boosters, I decided I am going to come up with a small survey and try him out in all the seats, see which fits him the best and which he likes the best. Of course, I will keep the Frontier, and them pic two more, maybe three? Oh, this will be hard!

mykidsmylife

LOL! Yeah Johnathon wouldn't even sit in a pink seat for a pic....

I do like that seat though. I wanna replace his FPSVB with a new booster and use the FPSV as a back-up. This is giving me ideas on what I want. The Indy is one I was considering..

scatterbunny

I just saw this --NICE! :D H can't wait to trade our black cover for your pink cover. :cool: She loves her IP. Have you onticed how much lower it sits in the vehicle than some other boosters? In the Parkway, the setting dd needs touches the window pillar outboard in my Focus, adjusting it any higher makes it tilt inward. The IP fits on the current setting with room to spare, and can adjust fully without tilting. A bonus, it blocks a little less of my view. :p

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yep. It is pretty cool. I counted and I have 8 seats for him alone! Time to get rid of some. Oh, when you do come over, bring your parkway. I want to take pics of Tyler in it!

scatterbunny

Oh, when you do come over, bring your parkway. I want to take pics of Tyler in it!

Yep, I will do that. :thumbsup: The IP and PW permanently reside in the backseat. I give her the choice, and she always chooses the IP now. I still like to have the PW around for friends, and the Starriser Comfy has been a lifesaver for three across (when it's H plus Andie's kids). I am still on the quest for the perfect CENTER highback booster, one that is tall enough for H to have growing room (since we have no rear headrests), one that will not TIP in the center.

Oh, it won't be anything fun. The Combis and such.

The only thing I liked about the Kobuk is the belt guides; positioned belts well, and I like shoulderbelt guides that are parallel to the child's shoulder (like the Kobuk, IP, Starriser Comfy, FPSVB, Compass), instead of perpendicular to the shoulder (like the PW and so many others). Otherwise, the Kobuk was pretty short and pretty flimsy-feeling (when their other seats are so...substantial-feeling).

Have you played with the angle of the wings yet to see what works best for Tyler? I'd prefer our head wings to be closer to her head, but when I do that, the angle of the shoulderbelt guide isn't compatible with the placement of the shoulderbelt retractor, and the shoulderbelt falls out of the belt guide (something that happens with the PW, too, but never happened with the Compass). With the wings opened up a bit, the angle of the shoulderbelt guide is more parallel to the shoulder, allowing it to fit properly without falling out of the guide.

scatterbunny

We need to take a road trip to Portland. :D

Once weather improves and I recover from the holidays, sure. :p I think I'll be over your way before I make it to Portland, though. My birthday is next week, and my family over your way really wants to see me, and celebrate Christmas (meaning, they want to see H open her presents from them, LOL), so if weather permits, we'll try to come over next weekend.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Werll, remember, I have Thursdays free. I could drive! Oooh, and we could work on 3 across with H, Tyler, and Bekah!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC