Hello, My name is M. I am a car seat addict.

Morganthe

They were calling my name. I couldn't resist any longer. :crying:

AAFES.com with a 15% coupon code that expires on Wed.
Monterey @ $101
Recaro Vivo @ $80

I couldn't ignore those for the price, especially the Monterey. YES, both are "pink". Lord help me if dd ever decides to hate pink as much as she adores it now. :rolleyes:

They didn't have compass booster, or that would have been a real contender. If DD continues her freaky growth spurts, outgrows her Radian this winter, I can take either with us on our relocation move without worries about getting broken. I love her Tiffany Parkway, but can't replace it. :(

I escaped the insanity of multiple seats all through her infancy and early childhood. But at 5, we're making up for it with boosters & HWH seats.
SIX SEATS! :eek: (Regent, Radian, Frontier, Parkway, Monterey, AND Vivo) for one child in a region where kids her size are in backless boosters or adult seatbelts.

I. have. become. an. addict. :crying:

Crossing my fingers & hoping that I'll dislike the Vivo, return it, and then be able to make do travelling with the Monterey. I could use the Christmas money refunded and the lesser embarrassment of 'only' 5 seats. :whistle:

ADS

firemomof3

Thats so cool, I love the Monterey!!! I've been a car seat addict for a while too :eek: And I'm not getting any better...I'm getting a new Avenue tomorrow!! :D

arly1983

Welcome to the dark side :evil grin:

I need to make a counter for how many days since I have bought a new seat.....The last one I bought was September 20th :eek:

That has got to be a new personal record.

But yeah, I will take one of your seats so you can avoid embarrassment:whistle:

MustangMama

I was trying to recall all the seats I have ever owned and it was almost 20 for one child!!! (since Birth OK!? :D)

Great deals though :thumbsup:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have 13, for kids that are not mine and I do get paid to watch. It is all just for the fun of it.

Morganthe

I was trying to recall all the seats I have ever owned and it was almost 20 for one child!!! (since Birth OK!? :D)

But not at one time, right?

That's what's such a shocker.
I had her baby bucket, replaced by a Triumph... which was used as a backup in dh's car after we got the Maxi Cosi. So 2 cars -- one child. Lasted for several years... Triumph replaced by the Radian which fit better in the Jetta and I hated seeing her so perched.

Radian & Priori lasted over a year as a pair-- again 2 cars -- one child. DH used it a lot since he was working swings.

Then at the verge of outgrowing her priori, I got a pre-enhancement Regent in lateJune of last year. Priori sold. So Radian & Regent..

aHA!
It began in Feb 2008 when the Parkway was announced as 'retired'. Got the Tiffany on a coupon code from AAFES. Then came the Frontier, also on sale PLUS with a coupon code from AAFES -- for use in dh's future vehicle or if the Regent won't be workable in the next car.

And now it's the Monterey & Vivo. :rolleyes:

The 'collecting' only began this year. :eek:
All AAFES fault for having coupon codes and sales I can't pass up. :crying:

Yoshi

I seem to be in a collecting phase, too (maybe I have always been, but have been in denial:whistle:) we have 2 GN's, a Parkway and 2 Vivos.....I have bought and returned the Frontier (awful install) and a Monterey, and a Compass booster (didn't like lap/shoulder belt fit on DD) DH doesn't seem to notice all the comings and goings. I do try to offload some, though, so that helps. I am really trying to convince myself I won't need a Clek Oobr when they come out, but I think it is inevitable.

MustangMama

But not at one time, right?

NO I have never had a car that will hold 20 car seats......other wise I would :whistle:

I was counting up all of DD seats that I have bought her since she was a baby:

1. She started with an expired Evenflo bucket from her biological mother :thumbsdown:

2. I bought her a used Graco SnugRide, better a used one than an expired one! :twocents:

3. Her "Big Girl" car seat....an early EFTA (Orion maybe?)....loved it! :thumbsup:

4. She had some kind of Cosco......maybe a Touriva? :thumbsdown: <---I give this one a thumbs down because this is the one we FF her in at 9-10 months old......we didn't know!

5. Dorel Deluxe HBB w/ Harness :rolleyes: (it was alright, base was way to big for some of our cars)

6. Britax Roundabout :confused: (DD was too big for it when we were given it)

7. Dorel Alpha Omega 3-in-1

8. Eddie Bauer High Back Booster (Dorel)

9. Evenflo Tribute

10. Graco CarGO :love: (easiest installs ever)

11. Graco CarGO :love: (same thing)

12. Dorel 3 Phase (borrowed from a friend for a few months, liked it :thumbsup:)

13. Dorel HighBack Booster for Grandma's car

14. Dorel Vantage Point in Eddie Bauer (This one died in a car accident, wasn't a fan of the fabric)

15. Evenflo Chase (hated it!) :thumbsdown: (didn't like the front adjuster)

16. Graco ComfortSport (I didn't mind it!)

17. Century Breverra:thumbsdown: (horrible installs)

18. Graco Nautilus :love:

19. Graco Turbo Booster (HBB) (haven't really used but seems ok)

20. (whew) Graco NBB <---only used once or twice before I got here and realized how unsafe it was!

Alright, maybe a reason behind all of this?

Well my mom ran an in home daycare so whenever she had a seat that I wanted, I would trade her for it. Some of the car seats were bought at the thrift store before I knew used car seats were not a good idea. Some of them were given to me by friends and I figured we might as well use some if them!

The only ones we bought brand new were:

Graco Nautilus

Evenflo Orion/EFTA

Dorel HighBack Booster in Eddie Bauer

Graco Turbo Booster

I must say that my favorite ones were def. the Evenflo Orion and now the Graco Nautilus. Other than that, I wasn't really overly impressed with any of her car seats.

NOW WHO'S AN ADDICT?!?!?!?!?!?!? :whistle:

I admit my guilt! :thumbsup: I have a car seat problem!

Last edited:

mykidsmylife

We don't have the money to get a bunch of seats. LOL.
Johnathon has the Apex and the FPSVB now.
Seth has 2 Blvds
Baby girl has 2 snugrides

Johnathon started out :
1-Century infant carrier
2-Evenflo overhead sheild
3-Evenflo Tribute we got for free on MassHealth was in a wreck and still used since I didnt know any better.
4-Century Combo he was 10lbs to little for
5-Cosco Summit High Back (liked this seat)
6-Alpha Omega
7-SafeGuard Go
8-Apex 65
9-FPSVB

Seth was a little better:
1-Central Park Snugride (I miss it)
2-Graco Comfortsport
3-FPSVD
4-Britax Marathon
5-Britax Blvd

Learned my lesson with the 1st two and baby girl will be in only 3 seats....

mykidsmylife

LOL! We are so tight on money we don't have a choice.
Hey I can always play with seats in the stores. The Euroopean seats are just amazing. I am sure I will have just as much fun doing that. LOL.

Kat_Momof3

hey... the vivo probably doesn't break apart easy for travel, plus the Monterey is wider, deeper, and even taller... I think having both makes sense.

plus, then you have one for a spare for friends' cars and such.

it's not like you'll have that many seats forever... because she'll outgrow the hwh ones.

I think this is the typical age to have the most carseats... because hwh are harder to switch around.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I'm moving early summer of '09 to be closer to family and go back to school to finish my degree.

I'll have three seats for each child...
Each will have a Britax - Ds in a Frontier and Dd in a Parkway.
Each will have a Sunshine Kids - Ds in a Radian XT and Dd in a Monterey.
Each will have a Clek - Ds in an Oobr and Dd in an Olli.

The primary seats in the primary vehicle will be the Frontier and Monterey, their seats in my moms car will be the XT and the Parkway, and the Clek boosters will be for other kids riding with us, or my kids riding with others in emergent situations if I am not available to install a harnessed seat for Ds or other seats aren't available to transfer to another car.

Eventually the Radian will be passed down to my niece, and Ds will inherit the Parkway, and their seats will be the Frontier and Oobr for Ds, and the Monterey and Olli for Dd.

I think that often, those with multiple seats have more information than others do, or more vehicles, changing situations etc. I can't imagine having just one seat for each child, even now where they ride 99.9% of the time in my van, there are always situations where we need more/other/different seats.

Morganthe

hey... the vivo probably doesn't break apart easy for travel, plus the Monterey is wider, deeper, and even taller... I think having both makes sense.

plus, then you have one for a spare for friends' cars and such.

it's not like you'll have that many seats forever... because she'll outgrow the hwh ones.

I think this is the typical age to have the most carseats... because hwh are harder to switch around.

LOL, eventually, we'll have NO seats because she'll outgrow them all, even boosters. :p Doesn't every kid? ;) :duck:

No, the Vivo doesn't break apart. I have a hunch that it will get used on the rare field trips remaining at her school. (I freaked out when I saw them handing out (really nice) backless boosters for the Kindergarten class. They looked solid and new, but way too big for the tots.) Lightweight & easy to move around to just drop it off when necessary.
If she's outgrown her Radian, then I'll use it during the move. Don't know. :shrug-shoulders:

both are thoughtful, yet basically impulse buys. I wish I had somewhere around here that I could try these things out, but other than Wally World & Target-- nothing. :(

I haven't told dh yet. No worries, he'll just sigh & roll his eyes. :eek::love: Probably chalk it up to stressful worry about the move. To quote Rumsfeld, Too many known unknowns. :sorry!:

emandbri

good deals!

I'm right there with you! I have gotten a little better but I find it very funny that I have Benjamin who has a 1/3 of an inch before outgrowing his marathon and what do I want to buy? A true fit for Elizabeth! ;)

arly1983

Yeah, I am not counting the seats I have bought :eek: I would probably need my credit card/bank statments/account information off of several sites to get an accurate count. Sorry, not going there.

Morganthe

Yeah, I am not counting the seats I have bought :eek: I would probably need my credit card/bank statments/account information off of several sites to get an accurate count. Sorry, not going there.
You could make your own horror movie. ;)

LOL, I'll think of you whenever I sell one off :love:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
We are in almost the exact same boat! My dd is 5.5 Started in a snugride and then had 1 Marathon. YES. Only 1 Marathon until she was 4.5!! Then the parkway went on clearance last Jan and I found the Tiffany for $50 at Right Start. Of course, I couldn't pass up that deal so I snatched it up. She needed it for dh's car, right? Then came the Frontier which she had to have even though she technically still fit in the MA. Then last week I bought the Monterey for $70. How on earth could I pass up that deal? That's almost free!!

So, she went from 1 seat to 4 in just 1 years time. After the Monterey purchase dh finally made a comment about the number of seats that have been accumulating. What? An addiction? NO way!

But, now she has the Frontier in my car. I'm going to put the Monterey in dh's car so that he doesn't have to worry about buckling the PW in when she gets out. The PW will stay here for carpooling. She is really just about out of the MA now and looks so darn uncomfy in it that I just woudn't put her in it unless I had to.

ETA - And don't tell dh but am seriously considering the Oober when she outgrows the harness of the Frontier. I can pass the Frontier down to ds.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC