Britax Frontier...band-aid fix?!

chucksusanb

I posted the following comment on another thread, but no-one answered. So I am starting a new thread to hopefully get some feedback.

I'm curious to see if anyone else thinks the plastic caps is just a band-aid fix and that we should really be getting a new harness (like they are manufacturing now)? I'm really very concerned about this. For what we pay, we should get a "perfect" carseat and not one with a band-aid fix.

Anyway, here is my previous post, thanks for reading.

Can I order a new harness adjuster straps that has extra stitching instead of getting the so called "fix"? I am not too happy about having something with a "fix" on it, when the new frontiers have a harness with extra stitching.

Any thoughts here? I would be willing to pay for the harness, although I feel they should just give them to us for the recall instead of a two plastic caps.

Not very happy about this at ALL.

I'm wondering why they are giving stores new adjuster straps and the rest of us just plastic caps????

Does anyone else seem concerned by this, or am I over reacting?
Thanks,

Susan

DD 5 frontier (recalled)

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My :twocents: -- sometimes a bandaid fix is good enough. Your seat will be perfectly safe to use. That's what Britax is obligated to provide. Of course, if you would prefer a new harness, I'm sure you could order one.

fyrfightermomma

The same thing happened with Recaro seats which are about the same price. The same exact caps for the splitter plate. It solved the problem and fixed any potential danger. I am completely fine with that for my Recaro seat.

That is all Britax has to provide-a fix to solve the problem. They aren't obliged to replace anything unfortunately.

If you could see the "fix" for the Evenflo infant seats that were recalled you'd probably be very happy with Britax's fix ;) hehe

We have to remember seats are made by humans. There can be errors and they can be recalled. Their only requirement under the law is to fix that problem-however they see fit.

That's pretty much how any recall fix works-whether it be another baby product, a toy, or a vehicle.

So I am completely comfortable with their "fix". I had a Frontier that the harness came detached. That is long gone, but if I still had it, I'd be more than happy with the fix. It means my harness would stay on at least!

That being said, as a tech I am using a seat with that exact same fix (the recaro signo) and am completely fine and satisfied with it. I see no reason for a new harness when the one I have works perfectly.

You have to remember-the more money they spend on things like recalls, the less money they have to work with. Thus, we will see the prices of their products rise to compensate for that. The cost of replacing all those harnesses would be enormous. The cost of the caps which do the same thing-not even close.

Hope that helps

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I am wondering if the caps are going to solve the problem with the splitter plate getting caught on the back of the seat. If it doesn't then I will have to be on the phone with Britax.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I actually prefer the caps to the new harness. The smaller holes on the sewn harness make the harness harder to get off the splitter plate when you need to change it. Since I switch between harness and booster mode a couple times a month as I change children, it just makes everything easier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC