Scenera vs. Avenue rf leg room

firemomof3

Does anyone know which one has more leg room rf? My 2.75y/o is only 27lbs. but very uncomfortable rf in her signo so I'm thinking of getting either the scenera or avenue to help her out, plus we're traveling in April so I'll need a lightweight seat anyway :p
Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmmm.

I am thinking that because of the base on the Scenera (vs. lower profile Avenue) the Scenera might have more RF leg room. I had a very long almost-two-year-old in one for quite a while and she seemed to have plenty.

Hopefully christineka will chime in, she has used both with older kids in the recent past. :)

Andie

I have a Scenera and a Uptown, my 1 year old has more leg room in the Uptown. The seat is much deeper in the Uptown/Avenue, so the child sits back farther into it, if that makes sense. You can see in my siggy the room he has for his feet. In the Scenera, his ankles hang over the base.

Heather86

I agree I think my long legged kidlet has more rf room in the avenue with a towel or a pool noodle. In One car no matter what we do he can't ride in the scenera rf he is just too squished we can't get him buckled.

christineka

Dd has more leg room in the avenue even if the seat has 1 inch less depth. I'm not sure why it works out that way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC