Question Is it worth waiting for the Advocate?

U

Unregistered

My 4 month old daughter is growing out of her infant carrier seat. I want to get her a Britax but don't think I can wait until February when the Advocate comes out.

Do you think the features (side airbags) of the Advocate will make it significantly safer than a regular Britax or other car seat? It also costs a small fortune!

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
What infant seat is she in? And how is she outgrowing it?

The airbags on the Advocate are more like air cushions on either side of the OUTSIDE of the seat...so the passenger on either side of her would get the benefit...and not really until she is forward facing, which should be years from now.(RF is over 5x safer than FF over the age of 1)

Susan

Kat_Momof3

I don't think they are worth waiting for at all. if she has less than 1" above her head or is reaching the weight limit, I would get her a new seat

U

Unregistered

Thanks ladies! I bought her a Marathon today bc she needed something ASAP. Her torso is too long for her to be comfortable in her infant carrier.

I really wanted the Boulevard but couldn't wait for it to come in the mail. Target had the Marathon in stock. It seems really nice so far!!!

fyrfightermomma

If she is your only child, then it's probably not worth it. It does nothing to protect the child in the seat itself, just those sitting next to it.

I'd go with something else unless you regularly have passengers next to the car seat

HTH

ETA: I just saw your last post. Glad you found something that would work! We are big fans of the Marathon on this site :)

Kat_Momof3

and the Marathon has a little more harness height than the Blvd, so probably the better choice for a long-torso'd child.

U

Unregistered

OK I really am nuts. I found a great deal on the boulevard cs at PishPoshbaby.com. No sales tax, no shipping charge, and they gave me 5% off!! So at only $15 more than the Marathon I bought yesterday, I can have the Boulevard, which is what I really wanted bc of the wings by the head (and the pretty Lauren fabric! LOL). I am going to return the Marathon.

DH thinks I've really lost it, nitpicking like this.

This is for my 3rd child. I can't believe I knew NOTHING about car seats when I had my first baby four years ago. I had no idea what to register for, and knew NOTHING about car seats!!! Now I am a Britax junkie and am going to be saving for a Regent for my 2 1/2 year old son soon.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I know lots of people on here prefer the marathon, but we prefer the boulevard at our house. We spend lots of time in the car and the kids love the wings for sleeping on, plus I love the extra SIP. I have tiny skinny kids and the extra padding in the boulevard make it seem like they fit in in lots better than the "open" marathon.

So, personally, I would go for the boulevard, but the marathon is a good choice as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC