Car Seat Coat

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
They're cute, but I wouldn't use one. I like to be able to get the kids in and out of their coats or whatnot quickly when we get inside a store and back on quicly. This is too much work for me! lol

kmcenery

Their is a video on you tube about the coat. I just have a thin coat for my daughter from carters it keeps her warm enough, but we live in ca. I also like the car seat poncho

monstah

I would probably use it. It looks even more car seat friendly than the REI suit that I have DD wear on the really cold days.

And those slippers look so comfy! I want a pair for DD, DS, and for myself! I bet I could find some non-slip stuff to put on the bottom of them if they don't already have it. Cheap too!

Kat_Momof3

I like the idea and I've seen the videos... but I don't like it for climates where it isn't super cold, because it'd be hard to quickly take off and put back on.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I've been wanting one all year, but I don't really know why. We have a Columbia fleece suit for Z to wear under his shower cap cover when it's REALLY cold out, but I really want to try one of the car seat coats. If Z was in a convertible, then I'd probably already have one. "Only $60" is just not "only $60" to me, though, kwim?

brooklynsmommy

I've been wanting one all year, but I don't really know why. We have a Columbia fleece suit for Z to wear under his shower cap cover when it's REALLY cold out, but I really want to try one of the car seat coats. If Z was in a convertible, then I'd probably already have one. "Only $60" is just not "only $60" to me, though, kwim?

Oh exactly!!! $60 is kinda a lot over here. Especially for some fleece....

monstah

Wow, I didn't even realize that it was $60. That's too much, IMO.

You can get fleece Columbia suits off of Ebay for under $20. And with all of the winter sales, it's not too hard to find a good deal on a warm, car seat friendly, fleece snowsuit in store.

CPS_obsessed_EMT

Senior Community Member
I have one of these. Actually I have the 2nd or 3rd one ever made. The lady that makes those was my doula for my second homebirth actually.

That does sound like a lot of money, until you see how much cutting and sewing, putting buttons on etc, that goes into them. And they're not made on some machine production line like the Land's End, etc.
Also, (at least the one I have) the fleece is the "good" fleece. It's not the crappy fleece I've seen in other baby snowsuites or fleece pullovers, etc. The fleece on mine is almost impenetrable.

I didn't take the coat on and off at all. I kept the blanket snapped on going inside and outside, and when we got into the car or the store, I took the blanket part off. It's not too hot indoors if you take the blanket part off and pull the hood down, because the entire front is then open to let out heat.

I live in ND and I found this invaluable. If you don't live in a really cold place, you can get by with a thin coat. But if you live in ND (we recently had temps of -40 F wind chill) you have to have something warm. And unless you have a minivan, you can't just the coat off before buckling without exposing them to an extreme burst of cold.
It was comforting to me to know that my daughter wasn't having to tolerate being cold, but yet being able to see those harness straps laying directly against her chest with only her shirt in between.

I shouldn't speak for her, but making ones with cut out feet for walkers should be no problem as that is actually what she did for her 4 y/o daughter.

Heamae

They look really nice. I made something like that for my dd's when they were in infant seats. It didnt work as they got older but looks like what she has made would.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
And unless you have a minivan, you can't just the coat off before buckling without exposing them to an extreme burst of cold.

That's how we do it and it's NOT easy w/ my big ole' belly! I get the kids in and climb in and then shut the door. While I can buckle Ilana in this way if needed, it's not easy so I generally just have to go to her side and open her door to buckle her in. I HATE winter, I'd ask why am I having another winter baby, but then I remember that I didn't plan it, lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC