Recomendations please...

B

bdrakesmith

hello all.. I have researched this site some and i am trying to figure out what kind of new car seats to buy my kiddos.

I have a 05' dodge grand caravan with the stow and go seats.

My boys ages, height, and weight are...

4 years 32 lbs 42 inches tall
3 years 30 lbs 38 inches tall

Here are my guidelines..

Must have harness
cupholders
not too bulky
my children must meet the requirements of the seat, otherwise i wont use it.
i want them to be able to grow with it, and still be harnessed..

My boys are crazy crazy crazy, and the new seats we bought yesterday were, BOOSTER seats with backs, no harness. They unbuckle themselves and got out while i was driving, thats why i must have harness seats.. I have to return these and get new ones.. Please help.

ADS

skaterbabs

I would suggest a Regent and a Marathon, but the Regent is bulky. You'll also get the most use out of it as it harnesses to 80 lbs.

Both of the boys will probably fit in Marathons, though, and the youngest is still small enough to rear face in it. No, it doesn't have cupholders, but my daughter tucks her cup either between her legs or nextto one hip or the other.

4 years and 40 lbs is the minimum to safely use a booster, most boys just aren't ready before age 5-6 because they mature differently.

If you absolutely do not want Britax and won't RF your youngest, ry the Cosco Apex. It harnesses to 65 lbs and then becomes a booster, however it requires the vehicle headrest be higher than the midpoint of the child's head.

What seats do they have now and why are they geting new ones?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Regent or SafeGuard are my top choices ... Apex is the only wikth cup holders, but requirs tall vehicle seatbacks or head rests.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC