Got my MA--Is there a problem with the cover?

oursonend

I got my MA the other day. :D Onyx at TRU with a DOM of mid November 2008. I love it, but I think there is something weird with the cover. The slots in the cover don't line up with the straps or the slots in the shell AT ALL. It took me ages to route them properly because they were so out of whack, the lowest harness slots were almost even with the second shell slots, etc. No amount of adjusting the cover would fix it. The cover would have to be pulled off at the top in order to get them lined up.

For now, I figured it out and routed it as best I could and figured it would settle in, and didn't worry too much because DS is RFing so the straps go up and over his shoulders anyway, but if he was FFing or if his shoulders were even with the slots, the cover would really interfere. Will this go away with "settling"? Or is this a known issue? Should I do something?

Thanks!

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
How many slots are on the cover?

I would call Britax, that doesn't sound right or ok. They should like up pretty closely, it shouldn't be as bad as you are describing, it sounds like a defect in the cover.

Blondie87

It's normal. After time I hear that it gets better. That's why I didn't really like my MA, I prefer my Boulevards cuz I just twist the knob and get it where I want it.

NannyMom

When I first put a cover on my MA (I'd traded with someone), the bottom slots on the cover were lined up with the 2nd slots on the seat. After using it, eventually it selttled. Now they line up just fine :)

oursonend

Okay, I think I will give it some time then. There are the right number of slots in the cover, they just don't line up.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I always pull the cover down so I can see the comfort foam and the slots when I'm moving the harness on a MA. It makes it a lot easier.

Tyler'sMom1117

I had this problem with my Regent covers. I kept a ruler in the van just so I could check the slots once in awhile. They were so far off that you would think he had 1 1/2 inches left in his seat when in reality he was even with the top slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC