Sportier Cars

MustangMama

So me and Defrost got to talking about my love for sports cars and having to install car seats in them.

Problem is, when we have another baby it will be nearly impossible for a RF car seat to be installed behind the passenger or driver.

Does anybody drive a sportier car with easy installs?

If so, how is the room in the back for the RF carseat?

and lastly.....WHAT KIND OF CAR IS IT?!

ADS

popsicle

I have a '01 Monte Carlo. Not a sports car by any means, but reasonably sporty. My Combi Shuttle fits behind my drivers seat with room to spare (I'm only 5'3" though) I think I could fit a RF convertible there but I haven't tried. It's long for a coupe and I have no problem getting kids in and out of the back seat. :thumbsup:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
We got Piper's Wizard RFing in my husband's Porsche 911. Luckily I'm only 5'1" since the passenger seat was most of the way up. It was an easy enough install, though it was incompatible FFing.

Wendy

My mil has a camaro... It is a tight fit, but installs ok with carseats(even with the deep seats).
I have fit:

*RF Comfort sport :eek: ( the small seat fit great though)
*RF AOE
*RF Snugride
*RF Scenera

*FF Comfort sport
*FF AOE
*FF Comfort Sport
*FF FPSVD
*Chase
*Cargo
*Graco High back booster
*Graco Low back booster
*FPSV
*Britax Parkway
*Regent(but, oh boy that was a pain in the rear and too me didn't fit right in it).

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Sports cars and room for multiple carseats aren't exactly common features, but some of the sportier versions of roomier cars could suit your needs, such as a Chevy Impala SS or Pontiac G8. :twocents: The smaller Chevy Cobalt has an SS version (coupe or sedan model) as well. I haven't verified if the Cobalt SS coupe has 2 or 3 rear seating positions, though. Many coupe models are 2+2 coupes with 4-passenger seating rather than 5 passenger models.

bethng

My dad has a bmw that is almost a year old. But for the life of me I have no idea what kind it is! Its black. :shrug-shoulders:Thats all I know. Anyway, my sons DC fit fine ff. I used the seatbelt. Sorry, never had the chance to try anything rf'ing in it. My dad doesnt have my kids very often. At least not the younger ones. My daughter compass booster fit well! lol

MustangMama

I have a '01 Monte Carlo. Not a sports car by any means, but reasonably sporty. My Combi Shuttle fits behind my drivers seat with room to spare (I'm only 5'3" though) I think I could fit a RF convertible there but I haven't tried. It's long for a coupe and I have no problem getting kids in and out of the back seat. :thumbsup:

I am 5' 10" so that would probably squish my baby :whistle:

But I do like the Monte SS Dale Earnhardt tribute car. It is sexy! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MustangMama

My mil has a camaro... It is a tight fit, but installs ok with carseats(even with the deep seats).
I have fit:

*RF Comfort sport :eek: ( the small seat fit great though)
*RF AOE
*RF Snugride
*RF Scenera

*FF Comfort sport
*FF AOE
*FF Comfort Sport
*FF FPSVD
*Chase
*Cargo
*Graco High back booster
*Graco Low back booster
*FPSV
*Britax Parkway
*Regent(but, oh boy that was a pain in the rear and too me didn't fit right in it).

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I used to have a Camaro last year and wrecked it =( That's how I got my pretty Stang with my insurance money :whistle:

I never had the chance to try out a RF car seat in there. And now, they don't even make them beyond 2002 and I refuse to buy a car that old. Seems like they just have too many problems. I had a lot with mine anyways. :twocents:

They do come out with a 2009 Camaro in a few months. I am SUPER EXCITED but I doubt I can afford a $50,000 car brand new. LOL! :rolleyes:

Thanks for making the list of car seat compatible with the Camaro!

MustangMama

Sports cars and room for multiple carseats aren't exactly common features, but some of the sportier versions of roomier cars could suit your needs, such as a Chevy Impala SS or Pontiac G8. :twocents: The smaller Chevy Cobalt has an SS version (coupe or sedan model) as well. I haven't verified if the Cobalt SS coupe has 2 or 3 rear seating positions, though. Many coupe models are 2+2 coupes with 4-passenger seating rather than 5 passenger models.

When I first saw the Pontiac G8 I almost pooped myself!

It is so dead sexy! I would love one. Hmmmm.....now I have some cars in mind :whistle:

DH loves the new Impalas and has an eye for them as well :) SS of course!

southpawboston

the volkswagen GTI is a nice option, as is the mazdaspeed 3. i know that there is at least one forum member here who has a mazdaspeed 3 who can chime in. RFing in either car should not be a problem.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
When I first saw the Pontiac G8 I almost pooped myself!

It is so dead sexy! I would love one. Hmmmm.....now I have some cars in mind :whistle:

DH loves the new Impalas and has an eye for them as well :) SS of course!

Becky,

I own a G8 GT (V8) and I agree it's sexy and it turns a lot of heads. I LOVE sports cars. That is all I owned until I had kids. The G8 has a great back seat with a lot of room. While I have never installed a rf'ing seat in it as my girls are older. You can easily get just about any rear facing seat back there you want. Plus it has LATCH in all 3 seating positions that can be used at the same time. All the seats I have installed have installed rock solid using the vehicle seatbelts (sorry my kids are over the lower anchor limits so never tried LATCH). Our full time seats in the G8 is a Regent (pass outboard) & PW (driver outboard).

MustangMama

Becky,

I own a G8 GT (V8) and I agree it's sexy and it turns a lot of heads. I LOVE sports cars. That is all I owned until I had kids. The G8 has a great back seat with a lot of room. While I have never installed a rf'ing seat in it as my girls are older. You can easily get just about any rear facing seat back there you want. Plus it has LATCH in all 3 seating positions that can be used at the same time. All the seats I have installed have installed rock solid using the vehicle seatbelts (sorry my kids are over the lower anchor limits so never tried LATCH). Our full time seats in the G8 is a Regent (pass outboard) & PW (driver outboard).

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice!

And the G8 is pretty new so I wouldn't mind it at all.

But first I gotta work on making me a baby alone since DH says "NO NO" :whistle:

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I used to have a Camaro last year and wrecked it =( That's how I got my pretty Stang with my insurance money :whistle:

I never had the chance to try out a RF car seat in there. And now, they don't even make them beyond 2002 and I refuse to buy a car that old. Seems like they just have too many problems. I had a lot with mine anyways. :twocents:

They do come out with a 2009 Camaro in a few months. I am SUPER EXCITED but I doubt I can afford a $50,000 car brand new. LOL! :rolleyes:

Thanks for making the list of car seat compatible with the Camaro!

I have fit 2 carseats in their at once... one rearfacing at the time too. We had to use the car for 3 months when our car broke for good and we were saving for another one. It was a pain to get them out, but could be done fine.
I loved it! It is my inlaws car and they too are looking at the 09's! It is her dream car...

I love the mustang too. My ex boyfriend had one and he had a baby at the time and we fit a Graco snugride in it, but it was tight and handle always had to be up.

MustangMama

I have fit 2 carseats in their at once... one rearfacing at the time too. We had to use the car for 3 months when our car broke for good and we were saving for another one. It was a pain to get them out, but could be done fine.
I loved it! It is my inlaws car and they too are looking at the 09's! It is her dream car...

I love the mustang too. My ex boyfriend had one and he had a baby at the time and we fit a Graco snugride in it, but it was tight and handle always had to be up.

I had a Graco SnugRide but I never tried it in the back. I put it in but I didn't buckle it.......wish I would have now.

At what age/weight/what-not are they allowed to sit at more of an incline?

I soooooooo want a 2009 Camaro...they are even making them in ORANGE!! WAAHHHHHHH:crying:

adamsmommy

We looked at a jeep grand Cherokee SRT and it was hella fast. The new G8's are cool. Also, the Trailblazer has an SS that is pretty sporty. I had a Grand Prix GTP when my son was first born. LOVED it. I went from a Trans Am Ram Air to the Grand Prix and it wasn't a bad adjustment.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC