Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cosco Scenera?

Unregistered

Cosco Scenera?

I am considering purchasing the Cosco Scenera as the convertible car seat for my husband's car and for our sitters vehicle.

Is this seat safe? I have heard that it does not have the EPP foam.

Would you put your child in this seat?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Cosco Scenera?

This is a very common question. Infact, I think it was discussed recently. The Scenera is safe, or it couldn't be sold in the US. I personally own 3. Grandma has one in her car for DD, I have one as a back up seat (that I also use for my friend's DD once a week). My DD's primary seat is a Britax Marathon. However, I have let her ride in the Scenera with the Marathon sitting empty right next to her (she wanted to sit in "Amanda's seat"- my friend's DD).

If the Scenera is in your price range, it's great. If EPS/EPP foam is something that really concerns you, you can pay a little more for the Safety First Uptown (possibly found at Big Lots $65) or the Safety First Avenue (Kmart, Sears $70-90). They are similar to the Scenera but have EPS foam and a slightly taller seat shell.

ETA: You can even see a pic of my DD in the Scenera in my avtar.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70