Anyone in the Midwest?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
After dozens of interviews & etc. we decided on a move to South Dakota.... When Leila's summer camp is over we're going to spend a couple weeks out there "on vacation" to get her used to the idea -- we'll be working on the reservations & Leila wants to get a horse :rolleyes: :D :p I found a site a few days ago about thier "Project 8" to improve the booster law there I think? My computer keeps cutting out on me, so my online time is really frustrating, but I'm very excited about moving even though it means packing everything I just unpacked, LOL!

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Rapid City

My SO will be commuting to Pine Ridge & Rosebud biweekly with me & Leila tagging along only on weekends -- we'll still homeschool this year, but I really want to take "real" college classes (in person, not online) again & so far the Rapid City public schools seem pretty good....

We're planning to pay off enough on the van to trade it in for a Hybrid Civic or Diesel VW/Mercedes (we're still debating) & my SO wants to buy a private plane :eek: He's a pilot & knows someone out there with enough land for a runway & the plane should cost "only" about as much as his last luxery vehicle :rolleyes:

I'm rolling my eyes because whoodathunk 4 years ago when I was barely scraping by I'd be talking about getting a private plane :p Anyway, I'm very excited -- with all thre stress lately my anxiety has been through the roof ... this move sounds like just what we all need!

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Tiffany quite living MY life!!! DF is a private pilot (has his commercial license but doesnt have enough hours to work for a commercial company) and talks constantly about buying a friend's Cessna. When he finally gets the hours to get the job thats promised to him (he works at a charter air company and has a job lined up) i plan on buying it as a present. Do you have access to a plane now? We have one that is loaned to us (the cessna) and its awesome to say "lets go to FL" and just go within an hour to the airport and be on the plane. Its hard to believe when we met i was petrified of flight (especially in small aircrafts) and then he brought up wanting to take flight lessons and now i do it all the time. We went up once several months ago with the company he now works for and the next week i found him sneaking looks at flight schools on the net. :)

We recently sold a car to a family that lives in SD (yeah they drove from SD to SC and back for a car) they were amazed at my medium sized town! The boy the car was for hadnt ever driven on the freeway before and he'd been driving for 3 years! (and he drove an extremely high horsepower car home on some rough ones too) We talked for two days while trying to sort out some stuff with the car and truthfully their town sounded like hell to me, i've never been there and never intend to go (call me childish if you must).

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
No, I've never been in a private plane ... can't wait, though -- I'm terrified of climbing a ladder, but LOVE flying, LOL :D (So long as I'm not the pilot) :p

Rapid City is pretty "bustling", but I also look forward to being on the reservations -- my hometown is only 5,000 people & I miss having 200 acres of farm surrounding my front door :)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Every summer, my dad & sister help to coordinate a group that drives to Rosebud to run a summer camp for the kids there.

Does this mean your SO will be working with the govt health service? A good friend of mine's DH is getting into that. They looked at Rosebud, but ended up going with a reservation in Arizona instead.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yes -- at least for a couple years ... I have a feeling I'll want to stay longer, though? :)

That would be real neat if we meet up there :cool:

Michi

My aunt Sandy was born on Rosebud, but then she was 'adopted out' to a white family.
Years later she returned to Rosebud, and she now helps Indian adoptees find their birth families.
Here's a great article about her from the Milwaukee newspaper (It's an older article, but it's still relevant)
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=32603#top

Her two kids ( my cousins) also have relocated to South Dakota, and even went to an Indian University out there!

MelllieMa

Hey Tiff, super long time no talk... don't know if you even remember me! I haven't been around here much, under extraordinary stress and legal issues (I know you can relate, urggghhh)
I know this is an old post, but I wanted to let you know that Rapid City is my second home. My sister lives just outside of it in Hermosa and it's the spot my whole family retreats to, kwim? It's one of the most beautiful places in the country imnsho, LOL. Anyway, if you need advice or support or info or anything like that I'm sure my sister would help. She's a fellow ap mom (though her kids are now 15 and 12 and not so little anymore), life coach and ceremony planner/officiant and all around awesome person. If you want you can reach her at www.YourJoyfulLife.com -it's her business site but you can email her directly from there. Just tell her that her little sister told you to contact her this way! I hope these plans work out for you! How exciting to be considering a move!!!

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hey! Yeah, I remember you :cool: Thanks for the link -- maybe we'll meet up there sometime ;) BTW, love the blinkie in your signature -- hope ya don't mind I saved it :rolleyes:

MelllieMa

Of course I don't mind; I got it from a free blinkie site, so it's not technically mine anyway. Good luck with your move!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC