Crotch Strap on True Fit

Blondie87

So alot of people talk about how True Fit provides the most leg room and shell height when rear facing. I hear that alot. But no one ever talks about the extra room with the crotch strap. I didn't really notice until tonight, when I took a picture for someone, but there is so much more room in the TF compared to my Boulevard!

DFS never acted like the Blvd's crotch strap bothered him. It bothered me when he would sit on it and it was so hard to grab. But with the True Fit I don't have that problem.

Here are the pics I took for someone..

Blvd- he is sitting on it..
IMG_0942.jpg

True Fit- The 3rd crotch position...
IMG_0943.jpg

And that's with a wet diaper! (yes, I changed him afterwards). He's big for his age too (or so I'm told).

ADS

pastrygirl

Weird. Everyone was posting about the opposite problem a few months ago! When I tried out the TF, my 30-ish pound 2-year-old was sitting on the crotch strap quite a bit, but he doesn't sit on it in his MA. I called and asked if it was safe to use that way, and the person I spoke to said yes.

Blondie87

Weird. Everyone was posting about the opposite problem a few months ago! When I tried out the TF, my 30-ish pound 2-year-old was sitting on the crotch strap quite a bit, but he doesn't sit on it in his MA. I called and asked if it was safe to use that way, and the person I spoke to said yes.

Maybe you didn't have it on the outermost position? I dunno, but I can't imagine needing all that crotch room! I guess if I ever get a 50 + pounder.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I believe on the 2 position version, that the 2nd position is equal to the 3rd position on the 3 position models. I don't know if the 1st position compares to the 1st or 2nd on the 3 position models. Point being, you get the same maximum amount of room with either version.

ETA: I think I am wrong and that the 3rd position would be further out if these pics mean anything http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=531164&postcount=16

Last edited:

seamonkeys

I believe on the 2 position version, that the 2nd position is equal to the 3rd position on the 3 position models. I don't know if the 1st position compares to the 1st or 2nd on the 3 position models. Point being, you get the same maximum amount of room with either version.

If that's true, then good. Just as good as the 3 position ones then! :thumbsup:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The ones in Canada only have 2 positions, but in the US the newer version is the one with 3 positions. :thumbsup:

My dd also has lots of crotch room in the TF and barely needs the outer one. (2 position one.)

I believe in the 3 position seats the 3rd position is out further than the outer position on the 2 position seats, so there is some extra space in the 3 position one.

Spam

The ones in Canada only have 2 positions, but in the US the newer version is the one with 3 positions. :thumbsup:

My dd also has lots of crotch room in the TF and barely needs the outer one. (2 position one.)

I believe in the 3 position seats the 3rd position is out further than the outer position on the 2 position seats, so there is some extra space in the 3 position one.

My truefit has dom of 4/29/08 and has two crotch positions, so, is it the newer ones that have 3 or the older ones? And what about the new one coming out?

brooklynsmommy

I thought it was the older ones that have the 3 positions and the newer ones only had 2? I thought I also read somewhere on here that it could possibly just have to do with two different places manufacturing them.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Hmm....you may just be right. I searched and finally dug up a pic that someone took of the 2 position model. I had thought the 2nd position was all the way forward, but it looks like it isn't. So, the 3rd position, in those models, is likely further out.

Anyone interested can take a look at these pics http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=531164&postcount=16

April

I have a 2 position one and right away I noticed that it was under Riley on the furthest out position. It almost made me not buy it. But then I got it and put Rayn in it, who's a year older than Riley, and then Griffin, who was 5.5 at the time, and they both have tons of room on the 2nd position. Its the diaper. As soon as a kid is in underwear/panties, the lack of crotch room diasappears. I'm sure the same will be the case with Riley even with his ghetto booty, :p.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC