Interesting chat w/Britax CS guy.....

super_grape

I think he said his name was Dennis.....
Anyway, I called because DH dried our RA
cover in the dryer while we were on holiday at my Aunt's
and I wanted to make sure it was ok (actually, I wanted an excuse
to get a new cover;) ).
He told me that the flame retardant stuff was woven into
the fabric so drying wouldn't harm it...the no drying thing is
to keep it from shrinking, said he.

I thought that was interesting.
I did go ahead and get a new cover but the store I bought it
from only had denim and a tan I didn't like so now I'm the proud
owner of a denim RA cover that dosen't match the beige straps:p.
(ebay, here we come, lol!)I did ask him why I can't find any Aloha covers
when 2 weeks ago they were everywhere, he said they are discontinued
and next month a slew of new covers are coming out!
Can't wait to see those!

Holly

ADS

super_grape

i thought about having something emroidered
but what goes with denim and beige and still
looks good??? I thought about maybe something
with Pooh/Tigger/Piglet or even Dora if I could find it
but I don't want it to look like "too much"...
any ideas????

I have no imagination, lol!

RubysGirl

Is it okay to have britax covers embroidered or apliqued?

(I'm suddenly envisioning a business venture... do you think not voiding the warrenty would be a good selling point? LOL)

super_grape

I *think* it's ok....didn't someone already do it
w/Britax's ok? Was that Julie?
I remember seeing pictures of a Husky w/embroidered
flowers once upon a time....

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Julie's daughter's husky was embroidered but she needed an industrial sewing machine to do it. If i had really boring covers i would do it in a heart beat but i love my green ones and i have collegiate covers to use as spares (until my MI trip then it will be my full time cover)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
As long as it's still got the manufacturer's flame retardent cover & the embroidery doesn't interfere with the harness, it should be OK....

vamom

Just wanted to jump in and say that I have a denim cover for my husky. It was not my first choice, but the guy at the store said it was best (cotton) for hot climates and well, they were the only two huskys left on sale (two huskies shipped for under $300, could not resist). I must admit they have really grown on me, and I think my kid comes out less sweaty.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Hi, I just wanted to say that we purchased a Britax Companion seat when we had Karley. She had reflux and threw up on everything. Well, we washed the cover and dried it in the dryer and it melted the whole back of the cover to the extent that we couldn't use it!!! After I did I saw that you shouldn't wash the covers in the washer or dry them either!!! We always did with the Denim Marathon covers. I called Britax and at the time they didn't sell replacement covers at all so here I was stuck with a car seat with NO cover for it. I told them I was very disappointed. We were able to borrow a Peg Perego Viaggio seat and then when they did offer replacement covers I purchased one in onyx. All she did was sweat and cry in the seat. Also, by the time I was able to purchse a replacement cover she had almost outgrown the seat! I am going to keep the seat since I want to babysit one or two children now that Karley is one year old and I may need the seat. We have the Britax Marathon seats and have a ton of covers for them. I have Couture Dragonfly, Funky Denim, New Blues Denim, Ashley Floral and I just purchased a Couture Neopolitan cover on Ebay. I can't wait to see the new covers and maybe I'll be able to part with a few of my extras.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC