Britax Boulevard crotch strap is too short

D

Dasha

I just bought Britax Boulevard for my 8 mo old son on the internet; he is not a very large baby, weighs 19-20lbs and is tall, so he is not very chubby; the crotch strap seem to be very short with buckle very close to his legs, he actually has to keep his legs spread apart as sides of the top part of the buckle touch his inner thighs; while it seems to be OK for now, I do not see him feeting into it for much longer; does anyone have the same problem with Britax Boulevard? how do older children fit into it? should I exchange it for Decathlon ( as I just learned it has adjustable crotch strap)? does Decathlon have same safety features as Boulevard?

ADS

itzmeigh

It's not too short. Really most other crotch straps are too long.

When most people try a Britax seat for the first time they ask the same question as you so don't feel bad.

It is one of the features on the Britax seats that ADDS to their safety. The buckle being short helps to hold the *Hip straps* over the child's thighs that are stronger. Thereby keeping the buckle away from their tender bellies and positioned more over their stronger pelvis. Also with the straps over their thighs it helps to hold a rear facing child down into the seat to help prevent ramping up.

It feels odd now. But after you use it for just a little bit everything else will feel too long. My son is 3 years old and about 30 pounds and he has no trouble with the strap being too short. Most children never sit with their legs closed so that isn't an issue either.

Give it a little time and you will feel better about it.

Also there is a belly pad. It is a little round circle around the crotch strap. It goes between the belly and the buckle. You would be suprised at how many people never notice the belly pad and have the kids sitting on them so I thought I'd mention it. It also helps you not feel like you are going to pinch their thighs.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Do you have it installed with seatbelt? If so, pull back the cover and make sure the seatbelt is routed behind (as in, closer to the child's bum) the crotch strap instead of in front of it (as in, closer to the child's feet).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC