Britax Marathon

mom of big kid

This site was such a huge help for me in choosing this seat and I wanted to give my opinion on the seat to anyone trying to figure out what seat to get.

The installation was much much easier than our previous car seat, the evenflo triumph. Considering it was the first time installing it, it took 1/2 the time and there was no swearing or crankiness afterwards. Even after installing the triumph multiple times it was always a huge pain in the butt, and we knew what we were doing. The installation instructions were better also. The lock-off system is awesome too. We loved that.

It fits in our subaru forester better and it takes up less room than the triumph. Not sure how because I thought the seat width was the same on both.

As far as getting my kid in and out, it is great. So far it has been just fantastic, no problems and nothing that is annoying.

So far we love love love the marathon. Plus the weight and height limits for RF and FF are so much better than most of the other convertibles out there. The Evenflo Triumph isn't a bad seat, but for us it was a waste of money because of the low weight and height limits.

I hope this helps someone with their car seat shopping!

ADS

mom of big kid

I just wanted to add another post after using the seat for a few weeks. It has been great, I think it is easier to adjust than that triumph and I think my girl is more comfortable. Getting it in and out is downright dreamy. I don't feel bad about asking DH to take it out if I need the car to schlep something. I have watched him install the seat 2x now and I just can't believe how much easier it is than the evenflo triumph. Maybe it is our car (subaru forester) I don't know. I really think that with the highter weight and height limits it isn't any more expensive than any other seat out there, you just pay upfront.

mom of big kid

ok another post after we have been using the seat for a few months. Now I think 100% that the way the straps adjust is way better than the triumph and it is holding up great. DH can get that puppy in and out in like a minute flat, with no help. He is extremely happy with how tight he can get it, and he has high standards on it not budging after installation. A very good purchase for us.

rj'smom

Thank you so much for posting this. We have the Triumph ourselves, but we haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I'm seriously considering taking it back to swap it for a Britex. Our son is destined to be a big kid himself. He's only 6 months right now and is still in his infant seat. Weight wise he is right in the 50 percentile, but height wise he is about 80%. So my SIL had suggested that before I start using my Triumph, that I take it back and exchange it for a Britex. Preferrably one that will fit him upto around 80 lbs, maybe more (100 lbs).

Your post really helped me decide on which one I'm planning on getting for him. Thank you!!!

crystal vowell

Thank you so much for posting this. We have the Triumph ourselves, but we haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I'm seriously considering taking it back to swap it for a Britex. Our son is destined to be a big kid himself. He's only 6 months right now and is still in his infant seat. Weight wise he is right in the 50 percentile, but height wise he is about 80%. So my SIL had suggested that before I start using my Triumph, that I take it back and exchange it for a Britex. Preferrably one that will fit him upto around 80 lbs, maybe more (100 lbs).

Your post really helped me decide on which one I'm planning on getting for him. Thank you!!!

I just wanted to let you know only the britax regent goes to 80lbs and is ff only.They do not make a harnessed seat to 100lbs.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
The only seats that harness up to 80 pounds are Forward Facing only -- after the infant seat your child will need a Rear Facing convertible.... The Britax Marathon/Decathalon/Boulevard are excellent seat choices after the infant seat: remember that the infant seat is outgrown when either of the 2 following happens 1st:
  • Space between top of head & inside edge of plastic carseat shell/frame = only 1"
  • Child reaches the manufacturer's listed weight limit as per the manual
The *best* carseat fits the child, fits the vehicle & is always used correctly ;)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
This thread has gotten a bit off topic. Please remember that this forum is for product review only. Questions not related to a specific review belong in one of the other forums.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC