What year did Britax

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Which style base? The blue one, or the white one with the cutout in front where the recline adjustment is? The blue one was out in 2000-ish and the others were gone by 2003.

As far as chest clips, I know my 2003 Marathon had the old one, but my 2007 and 2008 ones have the new style. I know that doesn't help :eek:

chasingboys

white base with the cutout, here is the Craigslist posting:
http://modesto.craigslist.org/bab/963076594.html

my "friend" purchased the seat thinking she got a killer deal and I'm pretty sure that it's expired already even though the craigslist poster said it's good until 2012. :rolleyes: Of course, take the word of a Craigslister over a friend who is a tech! :rolleyes: anyway...

What do you guys think? Definitely has the white older "base" and square clip.

natysr

I saw that seat posted a couple days ago. (I live 1 town over from Turlock).

Did you have her look at the sticker herself to see the DOM? There should be a sticker toward the top of the seatshell, on the outside that says exactly what date it was made. It is good for 6 years from that date.

Regardless, it is never a good idea to use a seat that you don't know the history of. She could probably resell the cover to make her money back on it.

chasingboys

She just PM'd me about it (we're on a mommy board together) talking about the killer deal she got and she sent the link. I asked her to look at the DOM and get back to me. We should meet up one of these days Natalie, I'm one town up from Turlock too! :)

chasingboys

I'm going to take a look at it myself later today, but she says that there's a sticker on it that says "do not use until after 2012". She's pretty clueless so she has not found the DOM sticker yet. Could it be possible that it was manufactured in 2006 with that style "base"? I'm thinking no and the seller probably placed the sticker there... either way I'll update after I see the seat.

crunchierthanthou

I'm going to take a look at it myself later today, but she says that there's a sticker on it that says "do not use until after 2012". She's pretty clueless so she has not found the DOM sticker yet. Could it be possible that it was manufactured in 2006 with that style "base"? I'm thinking no and the seller probably placed the sticker there... either way I'll update after I see the seat.

the DOM sticker is either under the lip of the shell by the child's shoulder left shoulder (your right as you're facing it) or else under the cover and all the padding above the harness adjuster (under where the child's knees would be). Under the cover is actually a pretty good bet given the style of the base. I don't think Britax used "don't use after" wording until the Frontier came out and it's pretty unlikely for them to go back to the old style base 2-3 years after the transition.

chasingboys

I know where the DOM sticker is (Britax is my favorite brand! lol), she couldn't find it though. I am going to see tomorrow. She said she thinks I'm right because the sticker she saw looks like it was printed at home! Can you believe someone would do that to make $40!?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If they placed a fake expiration sticker on the seat, that is fraud and should be reported to your district attorney as such.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC