Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Any Car Seat Sales Coming Up?

We need a new car seat as my 9 month old has outgrown the Snugride. It's off to my sister who's due in a few weeks. After that, it's off to the garbage, as an expired seat. That means 4 kids will have gotten use from this seat.

I'll give the Scenera to the baby since the 2 yr. old will probably be growing out of it in the next few months. I think he'll be FF, but I don't want a combination seat, because he'll probably fit in a harness of the Higher Weight seats till 7-8, so we'll get a dedicated booster at that point, that will last till he's a teen! (Unless my kids will be taller than their parents!)

Are there any sales coming up? I'm thinking of TrueFit as the most economical/ comfortable of the good seats, or would the EFTA be better? What are people happier with? It would be used in a minivan.

The MA, and RN are not worth it, because we don't own a car, and it's just for rented/borrowed cars.

My 2 year old weighs a bit more than 25 lbs. He's at the top slot of the Scenera.

Thanks a lot, Ana
    Last edited by abemom2; 12-22-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: To clarify.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Any Car Seat Sales Coming Up?

Sorry, I'm confused about whether you're looking for a seat for your 9 month old or for your 2 year old.

ETA- Okay, read it again...it's for your 2 year old, right? How much does he weigh?
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

Carseat Crazy

I edited my original post.

Thanks

If you're going to be using it in a minivan, I'd definitely choose the TrueFit. Since your DS is 10lbs away from the rfing limit on it, I hope you'll consider keeping him rear-facing a little longer. You should be able to get a good long time out of that seat. Zellers often has it on sale for $150...haven't heard of any sales lately, though.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris