Question which sbs stroller

Jordynsmama

I just cant see a months old baby in a techno. The blanket would fall out also and its cold right now and they will need a blanket for a while.

But I could get a combi or aria and then sell it in a yr and buy a MAC.....

Quick ? unrelated but dont wanna start a thread-

Does the flexloc only have one slot for the harness???

ADS

cpsaddict

I just cant see a months old baby in a techno. The blanket would fall out also and its cold right now and they will need a blanket for a while.

But I could get a combi or aria and then sell it in a yr and buy a MAC.....

Quick ? unrelated but dont wanna start a thread-

Does the flexloc only have one slot for the harness???

There is technically only one slot, but the headrest moves up and down on the back. This moves the straps up. There should be a knob on the back. Turn it and the headrest will move up.

MySillyKids

I :love: my BJCMDouble.

Its NOT a jogger. A jogger has AIR tires IIRC (where's lovinwaves? :D)

its super light, fits newborn- 50lbs per seat

I use ours with MissK w/ the snuzzler, so she's nice and comfy. I can take pics if you'd like, i have it in the house today :love:

keri1292

I've had both. I sold the Combi after a few weeks, too rickety and lots of play in the handle which hurt my wrists. The Peg is hanging out in my dining room waiting to be sent to craigslist. It was crap once the kids weighed more than 20lbs. And I don't really feed my kids in the stroller, so I didn't really use the snack trays anyway, although that was the main reason that I had to have it. I just can't believe I paid $300 for it. It is NOT a $300 stroller. :thumbsdown:
The Mac/BJCMD would work just fine with a snuzzler insert for a newborn. How often do you really think that you'll feed them in the stroller? Also, the Peg is short handled and I kicked the basket. I'm 5'9". :thumbsdown:
However, Maiya still rides in the Mac at 8y3m and 50lbs. And she rides a lot. :rolleyes:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We had a Combi single with DD. It was pretty rickety.

I bought a Twin Techno and hated it. The recline was awesome and I loved the cupholders but the sun shade thing sucked.

Jordynsmama

I've had both. I sold the Combi after a few weeks, too rickety and lots of play in the handle which hurt my wrists. The Peg is hanging out in my dining room waiting to be sent to craigslist. It was crap once the kids weighed more than 20lbs. And I don't really feed my kids in the stroller, so I didn't really use the snack trays anyway, although that was the main reason that I had to have it. I just can't believe I paid $300 for it. It is NOT a $300 stroller. :thumbsdown:
The Mac/BJCMD would work just fine with a snuzzler insert for a newborn. How often do you really think that you'll feed them in the stroller? Also, the Peg is short handled and I kicked the basket. I'm 5'9". :thumbsdown:
However, Maiya still rides in the Mac at 8y3m and 50lbs. And she rides a lot. :rolleyes:

I like the tray b/c it feels more secure to me plus I like deeper seats.

But with a boot that may be fine on the mac's. Oh and I didnt feed JOrdyn meals, but I would put her snacks on the tray when we would go to the wild animal park/zoo/d-land/sea world....we go a lot of places living here and its nice to have. I have a picture of her at the zoo at 9 months with defrosted mini veggies all over her tray:)

and I dont want a crappy sun shade.

lovinwaves

I just dont like joggers though. They just arent my style. But I will look into it.

The BJCDM not a jogger at all. It's made by "Baby Jogger" company that happens to make joggers.

It has big plastic wheels (comparable in size to the Graco Full-size Strollers).

This would be the last stroller you would ever need to purchase for your twins. High seatback, Great shade for CA sun, bubble hood for added growing height for your little ones, 50lb weight capacity PER seat, almost flat recline, air ventilation in seat when it is reclines, great fabric, super lightweight fold for a double....

I think this would be the best stroller for you.

Just add a belly bar accessory from Baby Jogger, and then attach something like This, and voila you have a place for their snacks, and drink.

Do a search of this forum and you will find several threads discussing the BJCSMD (Baby Jogger City Series Mini Double) http://www.babyjogger.com/cityminidouble.htm

and I dont want a crappy sun shade.

The BJCSDM has one of the best sunshades on the market.

ETA: You won't kick the BJ, even with heels on ;)

Last edited:

mominabigtruck

OK, I took pics but I'm waiting for dh to come home and hook my camera up. My tummy's too big for me to squeeze behind the computer;)

Anyways, I'm still hunting for my infant insert thingy but I took pics with my carebare that is way smaller then a baby so you'll get the idea and with the boot on too:D

ctbcleveland

I am going to complicate your life and suggest a Chicco.

I love my Chicco C5 and it is available in a twin version too.

This is a great lightweight stroller for TALL people!

I am thinking about a Chicco Trevi Twin when I have baby #2 because it can handle an infant seat.

arly1983

,Hmmm,

I have had a Combi Savvy Soho, Mac Twin Techno, Inglesina Twin Swift, and baby Jogger Mini Double.

I love my Baby Jogger by far the very best for all the reasons Lovin and MSK outlined. I am planning on using it with a newborn in just a couple of months.

To me the Mac Twin Techno and Inglesina Twin Swift were VERY similar except for structural differences. The fold was different, neither was harder to me but they were just different. The breaks of the Twin Swift were located in such a way that you couldn't "walk" it down a high curb without them engaging. Otherwise, they were eerily similar though the Twin Techno came with some nice extras like the boots. Neither could be retrofited with a belly bar.

The Combi I would write off your list completely. It had shallow narrow seats. But the worst thing was that it was rickety, when you changed directions, the (plastic) frame would give a little causing me to have to compensate. My wrists always ached. DH is 6'4 and he hated it the worst because it was so short.

A thought about belly bars. I would either get a stroller that had removable belly bars or add belly bars because one day, they are both going to be pretty heavy to lift into the stroller and might be independent and want to get in themselves.

MySillyKids

A thought about belly bars. I would either get a stroller that had removable belly bars or add belly bars because one day, they are both going to be pretty heavy to lift into the stroller and might be independent and want to get in themselves.

:yeahthat:

Thats what i love about the BJCMD too, the boys can get in by themselves!

:D

Rosey

The more I think about it, the more the BJCMD seems like the best fit for you long term. You can add or remove belly bars, best sun shade of any stroller, deep tall seats, compact easy fold, and it steers great. It will take you through the long haul.

The Combi's seats aren't very big. My sister babysits for one year old twins and the Combi is a bear to push now and they are just overflowing. My sister has borrowed my twin techno to use now because she is so tired of the Combi.

You won't regret a Baby Jogger, seriously. I plan to sneak into MSK's house & steal, um, borrow, yeah borrow, hers one day. LOL... I'm one handed & I could use it easily. I used to think the trays were important until my Combi (but I have the counterpart) & I've used the Combi a total of 3 times. Reminds me, I need to CL it to get moola towards a BJCMD.

MySillyKids

You'd have My Robot Dog Biscuit after your swiping behind, lisa. :D

Hey at least my BJCMD will be RARE soon, they discontinued the blue fabrics LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC