Coverless Nautilus as NBB?

monstah

Quick question out of curiosity. I had a fraying problem with my Nautilus adjuster strap. So Graco sent me a new base and I haven't heard anything about sending the old one back.
Could I just keep the base in my trunk and when my nephew rides with us, can I have him use it without a cover as a NBB?
He has been riding without a booster for more than a year or two, but the belt fits him horrible. So, I avoid driving him anywhere, but need to pick him up from school maybe 4 days per year if someone is sick, etc.

ADS

Maedze

I don't know, there are some uncomfortable looking dips there without the cover :twocents:

Why not just buy a 13 dollar cosco backless?

monstah

I don't know, there are some uncomfortable looking dips there without the cover :twocents:

Why not just buy a 13 dollar cosco backless?

I could, & just say that it is DS's. :p She gets quite offended that I believe her kid(s) need to be in boosters. The kids even argue with me about wearing their seatbelts and that I insist they don't use the lap only position without a headrest.
In fact, my children are never allowed to ride in her vehicle, even if I were to install their seats. She has no concept of "the things that could happen" and she leaves atleast 2 full inches of slack in a harness. (That's not even the worst of it.)

Kat_Momof3

I have reasons!! (please keep in mind they are here for mostly amusement, but some are serious)

1. the CUPHOLDER... don't you know that without a cupholder, our children will suffer a death of humiliation??

2. (this and the rest are serious) The guide clip for the belt.... the cosco boosters don't have them and I don't even think they can use them anymore... really essential sometimes for fitting the shoulderbelt just right

3. while the coscos are wide, this baby is a little wider... Damian was at the end of comfort when he outgrew backless boosters in the cosco... but he was comfy in his sister's Nautilus... even with the back on (though for him to truly use it, I would have had to remove it... but as it were... no grow room either way, though JUST as a high back)

4. Depth... as a backless, there isn't going to be much deeper... which is great for leg support... add that the front of the base can be increasingly angled up with the recline for even better leg support (similar to the way the olli's front does, though not increasingly)

5. padding - it's more padded.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC