MA tether strap

BW1426

Can someone with an MA/DC/BV inside measure the length of the tether strap. Learning Curve is telling me that the TF has a standard tether and it will not tether in the Explorer while my MA will. But, it is freezing, freezing, freezing outside so I was hoping maybe someone had one inside :eek:

ADS

mamabear

I can probably go measure when DH gets back.
But seriously, that thing is LONG.
I have mine tethered up to the ceiling of the car and it's at least 2 feet, then there is still a ton of strap left if I wanted to lengthen it that I tuck back into the pouch.

How far do you need yours to go??

BW1426

I can probably go measure when DH gets back.
But seriously, that thing is LONG.
I have mine tethered up to the ceiling of the car and it's at least 2 feet, then there is still a ton of strap left if I wanted to lengthen it that I tuck back into the pouch.

How far do you need yours to go??

I just need to give Learning Curve a measurement so that they know the TF tether is no the same as the MA even though they told me it was :rolleyes: The TF will not tether in the center seat of the Explorer and they keep telling me that I'm doing something wrong :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I tried to measure mine last night, but I need to uninstall it to measure it and I don't have a garage to do that in.

crunchierthanthou

okay, on my May 07 it's ~56" from the center of the top of the shell (midway between the tether attachment points) to the end of the webbing, and ~58" to the end of the hook. That's completely extended and way, way more than 42".

BW1426

okay, on my May 07 it's ~56" from the center of the back of the shell (midway between the tether attachment points) to the end of the webbing, and ~58" to the end of the hook. That's completely extended and way, way more than 42".

Thanks so much Crunchy!

So, there is either something wrong with my TF tether or the people at Learning Curve are fibbing to me when they say they are standard on all carseats.

crunchierthanthou

Thanks so much Crunchy!

So, there is either something wrong with my TF tether or the people at Learning Curve are fibbing to me when they say they are standard on all carseats.

no problem. definitely fibbing about standard lengths (or just clueless). Otherwise, Evenflo wouldn't have to send out tether extenders for EFTA to work in some vans and SUVs.

edit: FTR, my scenera is ~55" total- 50" of webbing plus about another 5" for the buckle and hook.

NannyMom

no problem. definitely fibbing about standard lengths (or just clueless). Otherwise, Evenflo wouldn't have to send out tether extenders for EFTA to work in some vans and SUVs.

edit: FTR, my scenera is ~55" total- 50" of webbing plus about another 5" for the buckle and hook.

And for the Titans too. My friend had to get a tether extender to get the Titan to fit in the center of her Explorer.

ETA: I just measured the Titan and it has a 33 inch tether

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

here's a thought about how to get this problem home to them.

take both seats... use a ruler/yard stick to illustrate this... put the start of the top tethers next to each other... then extend the tether clips all the way... obviously the Marathon's would go further out...

OR... put both seats in your car... connect the top tether to the Marathon... extend the truefit tether all the way... take a picture of how it looks (with the Marathon, include all the slack leftover)

Britax tethers are by far the longest I've seen... they are great!! Even the Regent's is just as long, so I wouldn't buy that it is just for the purpose of Australian-method rf tethering.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I know that Evenflo also has said that the tether length on their seats is a standard length, yet they've had to develop an extender strap. The TF tether is probably about 4 to 6" longer than the EFTA tether if I were to guess without measuring - just based on the amount leftover when I've had them installed. The EFTA just fit with maybe a couple inches to spare, the TF tether I had room to tighten.

So maybe they did research from the same company and were told what length a "standard" tether is and that's what they're basing it off of?

BW1426

Have a call in with the manager at Learning Curve.

After 2 plus months hopefully they'll have something to offer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC