Supernanny last night

Splash

Okay, I have seen horrid car seat usage on this show, but last night takes the cake!

1 year old, 4 year old twins, six year old. At least the baby was still rear facing.

But in addition to there being NO seats in the suburban for any of the other kids, they weren't buckled into seatbelts or even sitting! They were all standing up wrestling and sword fighting in the back of the car!

I fell asleep before seeing the end, so I am hoping that AT LEAST they get into seatbelts (boosters would be too much to ask I think) before the end of the show.

Oh and the names! Haeley, Maile (my lee), Malie, and Leighton. WTF?

ADS

Maggie

Actually, it was hard to see, but the twins (who were each in an outboard position with a shoulder/lap belt) had backless turbo boosters.

I have DVR and paused it and played it back in slow motion and while it was hard to see, there were 2 turbo boosters in each outboard position. But the 6 year old had nothing and was in a lap only belt!!

Maile is actually a legit name, it's my nieces name ;) I think it was Maile (my lee) and Malia (Ma Leah)

Lara

Yeah they are normally horrible. BUT there was one a long time ago with 2 or 3 girls and one was in a husky. I can't remember what the other ones were in because I wasn't really into carseats at the time. I just recognized it as my neighbors seat- they have 2 huskys.

You know people criticize me for naming my girl Kamryn. (she is never called kamryn she has a million nicknames). I can't imagine what I would be going through with kids with names like that.

Lara

Splash

Ah yes, that would have been Audra, Jessie, and Leah. Jessie and Leah were in Summits, and Audra in a husky.

I remember because of the car seat, and also because they were later on Dr. Phil. But mostly because my partner's first name is Audrey, her sister is Jessie, and her brother is Lee. WAY too close!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Hey, at least the 1yr old was still rf! And I agree, I think the two 4yr olds were in backless boosters, although I doubt they were 40lbs.

Splash

Even if there were boosters in there for them, they don't help when the kids are standing up fighting with each other!
I cannot believe ABC allows that. Really. I think it's so irresponsible to even show it on TV.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Sometimes, there are GREAT uses of carseats on TV

Sometimes people on TV are CORRECTLY using carseats (it is rare, but it does happen!).

While it wasn't a show per se, I was pleasantly surprised to see the use of carseats by a woman interviewed on TV recently. It was on my local news.

I don't even remember what the story was about, but the reporter was interviewing a woman in her car. In the backseat of her car, she had three children. Two kids were rear-facing in Marathons. Those kids appeared to be about 18 to 24 months and about three years old. The third child, who appeared to be about seven or so, was in what appeared to be a Fisher-Price Safe Embrace booster. The kids looked completely squashed in the car, but at least they were restrained!! I was impressed that she was able to fit those three seats in the back of her car!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC