Honda Pilot

BW1426

Will someone please take pictures of their Pilot with the third row seating up? I can't find one locally to look at.

TIA

ADS

rodentranger

Grrr...The pic I took of the leg room for the 3rd row didn't work because my camera battery died so the flash didn't work. Do you think I can find the other battery? No of course not.
Anyway,
Here's the pic of the cargo space behind the third row. That's a P&T's sport buggy behind it. I have the 40 split side down to accommodate the wheels. The Pliko P3 fit perfectly back there.
P1010056.jpg

Here's the 2nd row seat with a Radian and a SnugRide. I can fit a MA in there too.
P1010058.jpg

I have installed two rf MAs and a ff RA in the second row. FF seats can go in the 3rd row, but I couldn't get a Roundabout rf back there.
An adult could sit back there, but it isn't comfy for a long trip. Kids and dogs don't mind though. :D

rodentranger

It's in no way ginormous, but it does hold groceries and obviously a decent sized stroller.
The leg room is less than awesome in the third row, but for the most part it's just dogs that ride in mine. I have the second row reclined a bit for more rf toddler leg room also, which obviously cuts down on the third row leg room.
With the third row down, it's pretty stinkin' roomy. We went camping with two adults, a 15 yo girl, a toddler in a MA and all the gear for a week and were quite comfy. We had a queen sized air mattress, a twin air mattress, an 8 person tent, four sleeping bags, four camp chairs, a large cooler of food, a large box of "pantry" food, and four large duffel bags in the back cargo area. We put the firewood in a roof bag on the top.
I love my Pilot. Aside from a few small issues, it's been great. According to www.hondapilot.org (Pilot forum), they seem to have a consistent problem with mice in the right front heater vent, premature motor mount degradation, and children breaking the vents for the backseat heater vents by kicking them. I get about 18-20 mpg with equal highway and city driving.

sopapia

i have to agree with rodentranger. when we bought our pilot (o4), we tried the toyota highlander too. the 3rd row in the highlander was a joke and it had no power (i don't know if they've improved it since). i can sit ok in the third row (i'm 5'2") and kids smaller than me will even find it comfortable. i've installed carseats in the 3rd row but it's tricky and may not work with all carseats b/c of the way the side walls are molded, you may not be able to fit 3 carseats/boosters in the 3rd row. you can easily fit 3 carseats in the second row. currently we have 1 regent FF, 1 MA FF and one SS1 installed in the second row. we can probably fit 2 regents and a RN in the middle tho i haven't tried. with a regent and a MA, an average person can sit in the 2nd row comfortably for short trips (on the side next to MA/regent) or a bit cramped in the middle (sandwiched between 2 MA's).

we usually have the 3rd row down and the trunk space is really roomy. we've gone camping and vacationing with our 2 kids in 2 MA's and could fit everything in the trunk with DH able to see through the back window fine. also when we were doing house renovation, DH was able to transport normal doors in the trunk with 2nd/3rd row folded down. i've transported two cribs (taken apart of course) with two crib matresses (3rd row down), and 2 twin matresses (2/3rd row down), a desk/hutch/night table (2/3rd row down), 2 cribs with 2 changing tables (still in boxes) and a patio set (in boxes) in our pilot. that kind of give you an idea of the room.

i don't know how roomy the new pilots are.

rodentranger... we have the same taste. same car (we have dark green), same strollers (i have an e3 and a pliko p3) and even the colors are similar. you have good taste... :D you can recline the second row? how do you do that? mice in the front vent? that's disgusting! that's where i sit... if you hear a scream from s cal, it's me! our vents haven't broken yet but i'm very vigilant about the kids kicking. we've had trouble with the car starting in the cold. the automatic door lock in the passenger rear is busted and we're really upset about that (the car is 4 years old!). honda dealer wants $120 just to open the door and can't guarantee if they can fix it. btw, that's not MA in the second row. is it a RN and a snugride? hey have you given birth yet? my DD came on the 19th. congratulations if yours came by the time you see this. i have 1 more kid than you and you have two fur-kids.

BW1426

I like the Pilot, but the woman I worked for hates the way they look on the outside :scratches-head: She'd rather drive a Durango :gag: And, neither of them will believe me that there is more cargo room in the PIlot than in an Explorer with third row seating.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC