Question A 99 Oddy won't work for me right???

April

I've been in the market for a 2001 or newer Odyssey and haven't been able to find one. My Dad works for a car dealer so I'll be getting a deal when we find one. So today he found a 99, but from what I can understand from what I read, it's not going to work for us because of the tether anchor situation.
Our kids/seats are as follows (in my Durango that we'd be selling):
Faith - hbb - third row
Griffin - hbb - third row
Rayn - Radian or Apex - second row captains chair
Riley - TF - second row Captains chair. (Forward facing contrary to my siggy pic. He's 35lbs now)

I want something that I can get three across in the back row with eventually, because we plan on having another baby in the next year or two so we'd have Faith/Rayn (in the Radian)/Griffin in the third row, and then Riley and new baby in captain's chairs.

We're in CANADA so I need to be able to tether at least in the centre of the third row and under BOTH of the 2nd row captain's chairs. Is this doable??? I need to give him an answer today. Please help!

ADS

mimieliza

I have a 1999 Odyssey. It will not work for you. The captains seats use the same tether anchors as the rear outboard seats (in the cargo area), and you have to fold down the third row, plus have ridiculously long tethers to do so. When my DD is FFing, we will tether to a third row seatbelt since we don't need those seating positions for passengers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC